Opinions wanted: next mod...

Orange...

Aug 22, 2004
SASKATOON
So... just to make a post, I'm wondering which of these mods would benefit me the best... **current mods in sig**

1: cheap-ass long tube headers (it would be flowtech)

2: throttlebody and plenum (c&l plenum and accufab t/b)

I understand they are both air involved, one bringing in and one letting out, so with the cams and intake bringing in more air for me would the addition of more air be bad at this point? or would letting more air out faster be a better idea first??

Labour is no issue, I can do it in my shop with a hoist and everything needed at hand... and price will be about the same either way for me... unless I find something used that I like...

I've wondered this for awhile and I thought more professional advice (you guys) would reap me some real answers...

• Sponsors (?)

Judging by your mod list, I'd think that the LT's would benefit you more than the plenum/TB would. I would think the stock manifolds are more restrictive than the upper intake and 65mm TB are.

Only thing to also factor in is that if you drop the K to install the LTs, you'll also need an alignment.

Thannks for the input guys. I was thinking the same route honestly. I have no worries about labour or allignments because I work in a garage. It's no issue, I'm just hoping my lazy-ass can get it done in one day so I have a car to get to work the next... or I could just sleep over in my car, hmmm thats a thought.

So... next question.

If anyone has flowtechs here, how well do they fit in there (like as far as the steering shaft goes and such)??

I guess ill be the geniea pig on this one, i checked the sites policies and references and it seems ligit and the info fill out page shows a lock on the bottom right hand corner, also it has been "certified hacker-safe" as of June 9th. So i ordered a set with added comments of:
"For 1996 Ford Mustang GT. Just making sure this is for both passenger and driver side ceramic coated flowtech longtube headers. If the item is not as shown then please inform me beforehand."

White squares are just my blocked out info
untitled111dv9.png

I am going to disagree with this one. I have stock manifolds still and I swapped out my TB and Plenum and gained 8 tenths in the quarter mile. Also I would recommend sticking with Accufab for both your Plenum and TB. No other company has better flow rates than Accufab. I am staying with shorty headers due to the fact that long tubes only gain you 2 to 3 more horsepower over shorties and all the extra parts involved to install versus direct replacement. But to each there own I always say.
Judging by your mod list, I'd think that the LT's would benefit you more than the plenum/TB would. I would think the stock manifolds are more restrictive than the upper intake and 65mm TB are.

Only thing to also factor in is that if you drop the K to install the LTs, you'll also need an alignment.

I am going to disagree with this one. I have stock manifolds still and I swapped out my TB and Plenum and gained 8 tenths in the quarter mile. Also I would recommend sticking with Accufab for both your Plenum and TB. No other company has better flow rates than Accufab. I am staying with shorty headers due to the fact that long tubes only gain you 2 to 3 more horsepower over shorties and all the extra parts involved to install versus direct replacement. But to each there own I always say.

2-3 more hp? I think got got TB+Plenum and LT's backwards

BTW, got an e-mail today. Payment approved, notice of shipment soon to follow...