Optima Red Top Battery

• Sponsors (?)

My yellow top fit just fine, with a little coaxing. The tray for the battery in the mustang is a rectangle and the bottom of the optima is shaped like a 6 pack of beer. So it doesnt fit perfect, but it fits. The bottom battery tray just buldges out a little on the sides. Should be the same with the yellow top and the red top...

Why not get one of these and shave off 22 lbs from the front end:

site1043.jpg

Cost me $72.00 plus shipping on eBay, and even came with the SAE connectors. That and a $5.00 universal battery hold down from AutoZone, and a 0.59 cent elevator bolt from the local hardware store. Though I've never tried starting my car in the cold weather with it (it's away for the winter right now), this battery never failed to crank my engine over.

MyEarsHurt said:
My yellow top fit just fine, with a little coaxing. The tray for the battery in the mustang is a rectangle and the bottom of the optima is shaped like a 6 pack of beer. So it doesnt fit perfect, but it fits. The bottom battery tray just buldges out a little on the sides. Should be the same with the yellow top and the red top...
same thing with my yellow top

BlackMach2 said:
Why not get one of these and shave off 22 lbs from the front end:

site1043.jpg

Cost me $72.00 plus shipping on eBay, and even came with the SAE connectors. That and a $5.00 universal battery hold down from AutoZone, and a 0.59 cent elevator bolt from the local hardware store. Though I've never tried starting my car in the cold weather with it (it's away for the winter right now), this battery never failed to crank my engine over.

That's a killler little battery! What's the coldest temps you've used it in? I store my stang from Mid-December until Mid-March. It definitely sees a few 28 degree mornings in December and March.

I'd love to go with a lighter battery instead of relocating my battery to the trunk.