Optimum Corvette

Anthony Orosco

May 16, 2005
Yeah I know it's not a Mustang folks but not too many people call me to detail their Stang's :shrug:

So I figured I would post up what I detailed on Wednesday, a red C5 Vette.

I used Optimum Compound with an orange pad to level the paint and then used Optimum Polish for the next 2 polishing steps. This was all done with a rotary, speeds for cutting were at about 1700 rpm's and for the first polishing step they were at 1400 and then for the final at about 1200.

Hope ya like them and don't flame me :D

optc60in.jpg

c6mike7gb.jpg

redc6side7ub.jpg

frntredc67ci.jpg

Anthony

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the compliments, much appreciated :)

zincyellow03 said:
Wow, looks great. How long did it take you to do the whole job?

It took me a few hours, perhaps longer than usual because it was so stinkin bloody HOT that day. The more sever halo-scratches were on the top portions of the car and I had to go over many of those areas twice.

Thanks again,
Anthony

Anthony Orosco said:
Thanks for the compliments, much appreciated :)

It took me a few hours, perhaps longer than usual because it was so stinkin bloody HOT that day. The more sever halo-scratches were on the top portions of the car and I had to go over many of those areas twice.

Thanks again,
Anthony

I bet alot of people(Most non-stangnet members) don't appreciate the work because it takes alot of work and time to detail a car. It looks like you did a perfect job. I bet the owner chited his pants when he saw his vete.

That's an awesome job you are "The man" :nice:

Ant said:
not too many people call me to detail their Stang's
What I've noticed is most stang owners are not willing to fork over the dough for a great detail. Most can't justify spending more than $40 for what they call a detail. Mention a wax or polish that cost over $30 and they pass out. Tell them to use a cheaper performance product on their engine and they are will to spend twice the amount for a better one. Go figure :shrug:

wytstang said:

What I've noticed is most stang owners are not willing to fork over the dough for a great detail. Most can't justify spending more than $40 for what they call a detail. Mention a wax or polish that cost over $30 and they pass out. Tell them to use a cheaper performance product on their engine and they are will to spend twice the amount for a better one. Go figure :shrug:

I think that with wax, it only lasts a while before snow,hand prints, and bird crap ruin it so most people think it's like throwing money away? :shrug: And about the performance parts, they're welling to spend more money because they'll think it will last longer because it's expensive, which isn't always the case(but some times it is). My two cents.

wytstang said:

First, thank you very much :D

Second, I agree with you and that's pretty much what my thinking was also.

Anthony

zincyellow03 said:
I think that with wax, it only lasts a while before snow,hand prints, and bird crap ruin it so most people think it's like throwing money away? :shrug: And about the performance parts, they're welling to spend more money because they'll think it will last longer because it's expensive, which isn't always the case(but some times it is). My two cents.
That's because you haven't tried a good wax :p . My meg's #16 has given me between 2-3 months of pertection (with a well preped paint of course). In this hot and stormy Florida summer weather which is great. Wax/paint sealents are just like anything else in life "you get what you pay for". I was a turtle wax guy myself for years but because of those detailing sites (autopia.org/detailcity.com) I have seen the light. My car shines, looks wetter,and last for a while, Take a peep Vanilla moose topped with Meg's #16 combo
But if your happy with the result you have now that's what matters in the end :nice:

wytstang said:
That's because you haven't tried a good wax :p . My meg's #16 has given me between 2-3 months of pertection (with a well preped paint of course). In this hot and stormy Florida summer weather which is great. Wax/paint sealents are just like anything else in life "you get what you pay for". I was a turtle wax guy myself for years but because of those detailing sites (autopia.org/detailcity.com) I have seen the light. My car shines, looks wetter,and last for a while, Take a peep Vanilla moose topped with Meg's #16 combo
But if your happy with the result you have now that's what matters in the end :nice:

I agree. I think my only problem is that I don't like to order stuff from online. But I think I'm going to order some of the better stuff because last time I used that Classic Gold, wax and polish and I couldn't really tell a difference(slightly with the polish). I'm going to try it one more time by hand and then with a buffer, if I'm not happy then I'm going for the $$$ especially since it won't be wash for 3-4 months during the winter(I refuse to use car washes). If you want to see my results using Classic Gold then go here: http://photobucket.com/albums/b294/zincyellowstang/Mustang Waxed June 05/
Sorry that the pictures arn't that good, but the whole process of washing,claybaring,polishing,and waxing took eight hours(claybaring took the longest).

I've heard the GC line of meg's wasn't too good. Since your not going to wash it much you should really look in to paint sealents not waxes. Waxes do give you a wetter look but don't last too long, were as paint sealents (Ziano, UPP, ect, ect) last up to 5 month before they need to be reaplied (assuming you don't wash your car with dish washing liguid). From the reviews at autopia.org and detailcity.com UPP (ultimate paint protection) paint sealant has gotten nothing but great reviews on shine and durability and it's pretty cheap at $19.99 for 16oz http://www.premiumautocare.com/fostulpapr.html plus I know the coupon code for 10% off if you want it pm me for the code. The code is good for their and www.autogeek.net :nice:

wytstang said:
I've heard the GC line of meg's wasn't too good. Since your not going to wash it much you should really look in to paint sealents not waxes. Waxes do give you a wetter look but don't last too long, were as paint sealents (Ziano, UPP, ect, ect) last up to 5 month before they need to be reaplied (assuming you don't wash your car with dish washing liguid). From the reviews at autopia.org and detailcity.com UPP (ultimate paint protection) paint sealant has gotten nothing but great reviews on shine and durability and it's pretty cheap at $19.99 for 16oz http://www.premiumautocare.com/fostulpapr.html plus I know the coupon code for 10% off if you want it pm me for the code. The code is good for their and www.autogeek.net :nice:

Thanks for the tip :nice: The reason I decided to try gold classic is because my dad knew a detail a few years back and he would always use gold classic. I guess alot of the waxes and polishes don't work to well on yellow compared to black/red. I think I'll get some of that sealant and use it for sure before old man winter comes. Once again, thanks for the tip.