Ordered a 2010 GT500 Friday

fladriver

Jul 27, 2005
Friday I got to see a 2010 Red GT in person and thought the rear end on the car looked very good in that color. It is much better in person to me than it was in photos. It is much improved from the side and quarter views.

So................I went ahead and placed my order for a 2010 Shelby GT500 Red with White Stripes. The only option I ordered was the HID headlamps as everything else i wanted was standard. Ihad the Shaker 1000 in my 2009 and did not want it again.

I have one of the dealers early allocations and the car should get here in about eight weeks if Ford does not hold them up too much longer due to the airbag dash cover on the passenger side.

I am really looking forward to getting the car and 8 weeks will seem like 8 months especially since I have already sold my 2009.

Steve

• Sponsors (?)

Congrats on the new purchase! I'm waiting for my grabber blue GT premium...is scheduled for delivery to the dealership the last week of June. The next month is going to seem like forever. Keep us posted and definitely get pictures up when you get her in
:nice:

Congrats on the new purchase! I'm waiting for my grabber blue GT premium...is scheduled for delivery to the dealership the last week of June. The next month is going to seem like forever. Keep us posted and definitely get pictures up when you get her in
:nice:
The Dealer also had a Grabber Blue GT and it looked Hot. Are you going to stripe yours (top or Side)or leave it solid blue. I remember how good the Boss 302 looked in Grabber Blue. My freshman year in college I was driving a 69 SS 396 Chevelle and the guy down the street got a brand new 69 Boss 302 in Grabber blue with all of that black trim with the slats on back, awesome car.

lucky man. Personally I would have ordered a grabber blue GT500. But thats just me. I love blue and my favorite color is grabber blue. Hope you enjoy it. Make sure and post lots of pics when you take delivery. Hopefully one day I will be able to snag a top level stang.

The Dealer also had a Grabber Blue GT and it looked Hot. Are you going to stripe yours (top or Side)or leave it solid blue. I remember how good the Boss 302 looked in Grabber Blue. My freshman year in college I was driving a 69 SS 396 Chevelle and the guy down the street got a brand new 69 Boss 302 in Grabber blue with all of that black trim with the slats on back, awesome car.

I'm very seriously considering striping down the hood and top to the back bumper. First thing I'll be doing though is some flowmasters and a hurst shifter. I'll save the headers and tuner for later. Think I'm going to spend a little money on aesthetics this time, strips would be a nice addition :D

Friday I got to see a 2010 Red GT in person and thought the rear end on the car looked very good in that color. It is much better in person to me than it was in photos. It is much improved from the side and quarter views.

So................I went ahead and placed my order for a 2010 Shelby GT500 Red with White Stripes. The only option I ordered was the HID headlamps as everything else i wanted was standard. Ihad the Shaker 1000 in my 2009 and did not want it again.

I have one of the dealers early allocations and the car should get here in about eight weeks if Ford does not hold them up too much longer due to the airbag dash cover on the passenger side.

I am really looking forward to getting the car and 8 weeks will seem like 8 months especially since I have already sold my 2009.

Steve

Passenger side airbag dash cover, huh? So that's what's holding up the 2010's? My '10 GT, built May 5th still has yet to ship. My salesman told me there was a quality hold but didn't know why. I think you just answered it for me lol.

By the way, not to hijack, but I'm a long time lurker. Sorry this is my first post, but your mention of why the cars are being held at the factory got my attention.

Steve

Are you getting it for MSRP or did they also tack on "market adjustment" pricing?

I'll take a 2k10 GT-500 'vert in Grabber Blue with the Colorado Red stripes... WICKED!

Only problem is that I'd probably have to sell my 427 Roadster to afford it... bummer.

ford-shelby-gt500-mustang-convertible-at-2009-naias.jpg

:hail2: