ordered a bassani x pipe with cats today!

DaDDyGSp0T

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2002
Southern Cali
well i ordered it today from ebay should be comin in next week....my question is...i have 3.73 gears and a diablo sports chip those arent installed yet...when i get all 3 of these things installed what should i expect how much hp increase? will i cut alot of time off my 1/4 and 1/8 ?? i cant wait to get all these installed....im waiting to get my chip reburned thats why i havent installed it . by the way i have a 00 vert aod

• Sponsors (?)

DaDDyGSp0T said:
well i ordered it today from ebay should be comin in next week....my question is...i have 3.73 gears and a diablo sports chip those arent installed yet...when i get all 3 of these things installed what should i expect how much hp increase? will i cut alot of time off my 1/4 and 1/8 ?? i cant wait to get all these installed....im waiting to get my chip reburned thats why i havent installed it . by the way i have a 00 vert aod

You'll definitely feel a big difference as I did from the mods i have in my signature. However, if you don't have a aftermarket catback to match up with the bassani x-pipe you might not see all the potential gains from it. It'll feel like a totally different car and much more fun for everyday driving. Why not get 4.10s? You'll need them if you ever want to have a chance againsts a 5-speed with 3.73s. Rpms are only like a matter of 200 rpms from 3.73 to 4.10s so why not get 4.10s and do it right. Gas milage has increased for me as well as it gets my automatic gt convertible down the road quicker with the 4.10s without having to give it so much gas. Anyways, I am sure you'll be happy and if you have any question feel free to ask.

1999GTCONV said:
You'll definitely feel a big difference as I did from the mods i have in my signature. However, if you don't have a aftermarket catback to match up with the bassani x-pipe you might not see all the potential gains from it. It'll feel like a totally different car and much more fun for everyday driving. Why not get 4.10s? You'll need them if you ever want to have a chance againsts a 5-speed with 3.73s. Rpms are only like a matter of 200 rpms from 3.73 to 4.10s so why not get 4.10s and do it right. Gas milage has increased for me as well as it gets my automatic gt convertible down the road quicker with the 4.10s without having to give it so much gas. Anyways, I am sure you'll be happy and if you have any question feel free to ask.

Yeah i got the 3.73's because i drive to san diego alot. im gunna get the rest of the cat back piping from the flows on out to the tips mandrel bent... 2 1/2'' piping.... i just wanna be faster im bored of my car ..... after i get everything installed im gunan drop the car and put nitrous in. cant wait... btw my car has 84k miles you think these mods will 'Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me' up my engine?

JonJon said:
.... if i found one for that price I woulda bought it.
I had checked eBay but there were no Bassani catted X's when I was looking. :doh:

yeah its like a year old but what ever....better then getting a custom one... :) why buy new parts if u can find it used u get it pretty much half off...certain things u need to buy new like superchargers and nitrous and springs and stuff .... but yeah it should be at my house by friday :)

DaDDyGSp0T said:
yeah its like a year old but what ever....better then getting a custom one... :) why buy new parts if u can find it used u get it pretty much half off...certain things u need to buy new like superchargers and nitrous and springs and stuff .... but yeah it should be at my house by friday :)
:nice: Lucky :)

Damn...that's only a few bucks more than a new Bassani o/r X. I noticed that your in So. Cal. too!! You concerned about CA emissions? I'm so close to driving to Hawaii Racing and picking one up this weekend. I'm even kicking around the idea of an o/r pipe and swapping it out when smog time comes up. At any rate, good look with new mods!!!

Blev said:
Damn...that's only a few bucks more than a new Bassani o/r X. I noticed that your in So. Cal. too!! You concerned about CA emissions? I'm so close to driving to Hawaii Racing and picking one up this weekend. I'm even kicking around the idea of an o/r pipe and swapping it out when smog time comes up. At any rate, good look with new mods!!!

yeah, here in southern cali. i get pulled over way too much... just because of the car i guess....but i dont want them to pull me over for loud exhaust and then what if they look under the car? and they see no cats? its not worth it to pay $2000 thats a huge as$ ticket :bs: :bang: but plus i like the sound of a catted X better

DaDDyGSp0T said:
yeah, here in southern cali. i get pulled over way too much... just because of the car i guess....but i dont want them to pull me over for loud exhaust and then what if they look under the car? and they see no cats? its not worth it to pay $2000 thats a huge as$ ticket :bs: :bang: but plus i like the sound of a catted X better
Holy bumbeling blunders batman, I thought it was 1k....either way that's way too much. I keep forgetting about that aspect of it. The thought of an o/r X is fading away much faster now. :notnice: