OT- forget about HS & College who's OLD here???

• Sponsors (?)

HairyCanary said:
:D

30, out of school and makin' the big bucks... :rlaugh:

Right...Seems like I just got outta school...Im 47 and climbing... :D Got 2 girls 21, 22, got a son 25...You ain't seen nothing yet...enjoy it while you got it...the Stang that is....I had a sweet 70 Trans Am for like 13 years..then the family came first, and that went....then i came full circle....Been buying toys and such like its going outta style....??? next thing on my list, this Summer is to get another bike....i sold the 750 Gixxer and the Z9 to build the garage...You'll see a nice Z11 added to the garage real soon... :D

Getting older ain't really all that bad... :nice:

Just posted on the other thread. Graduated DeVry Institute of Technology (now DeVry Univesity) with BSEET. Expensive but worth ever penny that I pay each month. Like a nice car payment. Wish I could dump that money into my stang. Now working on semiconductor equipment in Idaho and Drag racing all summer.

I work with guys who went to Devry and paid a lot of money for nothing. They will give a degree to anyone who pays for their over rated, over priced, program. No joke. I think college is a waste and I pulled in $45,000 for the past 5 years on a vocational education. I work as an electrical technician for a Tier #1 automotive supplier. I was not lucky. I just worked hard. So the point of this message is, if you are thinking about college and you dont want to pay out the butt for nothing but years of student loan payments, go to a vocational school. Nothing to personal about Devry, but if you have to go to college, most community colleges are just as good. I make as much as most college boys who pay more for loans than my house payment! I am still the highest paid (non management) tech out of 25 folks.

BTW 29 going on 30 in a few months.

Im 31 with a 3 year old and a 22 year old wife. Bought my sn95 cause I always wanted a mustang and it was cheaper than buying a new car. Presently saving up for my first house which the mean average in bay area ca is about 600k.

HairyCanary said:
I'm a Unix Sysadmin for an ISP, my degree is in Computer Science.

Dave

We have a TON of CS majors where I'm going to school. I couldn't imagine any of them being into cars. They all seem to rapped up into playing video games and staying up all night long... :shrug: At least you did good. :nice:

Jake

Re. madams74

Yeah, my degree is expensive. But I now get stock options, bonuses, and about 50% more pay than you posted. Most of it goes to my house and two daughters and a wife. Thus, I can't put it all in my car. Not bagging on ya, just giving you a different story than you have heard from someone else. I have heard a lot of people complain about DeVry. I just think that if you don't use it you will regret the money you spent on any degree.

GTJake said:
We have a TON of CS majors where I'm going to school. I couldn't imagine any of them being into cars. They all seem to rapped up into playing video games and staying up all night long... :shrug: At least you did good. :nice:

Jake
Why thank you... :D. I actually know of several computer geeks that are also gearheads, I figure the most likely place to find 'em is online :shrug:.

madams74: If all a person could expect to make without a degree is $45k, then let me tell you that a degree is well worth it. I made over $45k on my very first job out of college, and my salary jumped $25k in the next three years (even after the market went all to hell). I know people without degrees that are doing about as well, but it becomes rarer the higher you go. I think it's a very worthwhile investment, and I strongly encourage everyone to do it.

Dave

CS major here, too. Totally agree with you on the above post, too. I used to agree with madams74 about education being overrated. I dropped out of community college early to work on my career and after a couple of years of hard work was making double what most of my friends made, especially the ones still in school. It kept going up, too, but eventually you'll hit a ceiling without a strong education. For me 100k was the top without a degree. So I went back to school a few years ago to finish, juggled my job while doing so, and just recently graduated with my BS. Now I'm getting ready to start grad school this Fall. Going back to school was a choice I would not take back.

38 years young here. Lost a good job of 18 years because the owner was a greedy ,well you know! he filed bankruptcy and bled us dry and shut down.I am back at a trade school getting a degree in automotive technology.

im moving out on August 1st (less than one month after my 18th b-day) to move into my apartment to begin my automotive trade school. I was accepted to the Nascar Technical Institute. Went down to check it out and i love it. What a nice school. Im so excited.

45 here. BS in CS. MA in International Management Studies, MS in Organizational Behavior, and an MBA. But I still have to ask mom (my wife) before I buy car parts.... I need a winning number in the lottery.

Tom