OT: How long have you known your friends?

90mustangGT

I felt sorry for girls because
Founding Member
Jan 15, 2002
Dallas, GA
Off topic, but inspired by grey5.0beast's buddy being cracked on... but of all your friends, how long have you known them? I don't mean every "buddy" out there but true friends.

I've noticed as I get older, my only freinds I have known for a long time. Most I have known for at least 5 years, if not 8 plus. I can't even feel comfortable around someone until I have known them at least a year, before that, they feel like strangers. Younger guys, it seems like they have a new set of freinds every year. Some people, you meet them and or a while they seem like great people, but over the period of a year, you see thier true colors. Come to think of it, I don't really respond to people's post on here until I have seen that they have been posting for a while.

For me, probally my longest term friend is the one in my Avatar. I met her when I was 16, so I have now known her for 11 years! She was my first love, first for a lot of things, changed my life, but over the years, we have just become very good freinds, we connect on a deeper level. Were not compatable in a relationship, but as freinds, we are. She has been there for me no matter what, and I have been there for her no matter what. (plus, she lives with other models in clearwater FL ;)

I have another friend, I am not really sure of the status, but we were best freinds to the letter for the longest time. It's funny how it all has fallen out. I was always there, if he called and needed some help, no questions, I dropped whatever I was doing and was there. But not that I am between jobs, and could use a little help moving my tools and such, he's just too damn busy. It's weird actually, we pretty much quit talking now that I have a girlfreind, whenever I call, he doesn't want to talk. WTF.

Then there are those buddies that I have known for a long time, but there are good and bad things about them, so if I see them, I'll talk to them, or we'll call each other but contact stays limited.

• Sponsors (?)

My true friends, Going on 9 years, matt, guy with supra, also posted the pic of him modeling lol. my other best friend,taylor matt's step brother going on 7, George me and him are real tight 6 years. and a bunch of ppl that arent real close but been going to school with themmall my life , approaching 8 yrs.

there's to dang much to say about my freind's

but ill start with Dillon. met him at the end of 5th grade. were now in 9th and ever since then we have been buddies. still hold's the record at our 5th grade school for the most pull ups. (42). he took the spot from me :nonono: i had 22.

since then many great partys, late nights out with the chicks, nights at the movies with our group of people and hanging around fixing up our cars. some nights were a little worse then others :rolleyes: .dont smart off to a cop on a power trip :p we got the wonderful walk out of the movies with cuff's on :nono: then the wonderful ride to the station in the cruiser :banana: then explaining to our parents :nonono:

his brother Ryan had a 95 stang 5.0 5 speed. bad A$$ stang over 500 hp. till he sold it and Skip totaled it :bang:

road trips with his stang were the best :rolleyes:

7 months till he gets his temp and 8 till i get mine :cheers: watch out Hillard :banana:

without my buddies life would suck :(

how was my spelling this time around?????:shrug:

I really dont have any FRIENDS, mostly because I just dont like people and dont trust anyone. I have my one best friend (guy with yellow mustang/ red civic now) who ive known since 5th grade and has always lived down the street. Everyone else is an aquiantance(sp?). Except my gf too, shes great, and her brother. But the rest of them come and go, I still dont trust anyone, not my best friend not even my gf at times, not that they really dont like me, but when it comes down to it people just care about them selves and will screw you over just to save their own ass.

90mustangGT said:
Ryan218 is sort of my example, he's the youngest, and freinds mean happiness to him, while us older guys, (I'm only 27 but still) have fewer, and fewer freinds.

haha Im 17 and when I was younger like middle school days, friends were everything, but after getting screwed over enough, ive come to realise I dont need any freinds, more friends=more drama, of course its probably different for different people, parts of the country, different ages, but thats just how I see it.

90mustangGT said:
Ryan218 is sort of my example, he's the youngest, and freinds mean happiness to him, while us older guys, (I'm only 27 but still) have fewer, and fewer freinds.

Agreed.

I'm just 21... but I see exactly where you are coming from.

Grade School... you have a lot of so called "friends" but the moment you graduate and everyone goes their seperate ways you find out who is really a friend and who isn't.

Out of a group of about 25 people I hung out with in HS... only 3 of them still call and/or hang out with me on a regular basis... and only one of them is a friend I can trust to be there when needed no matter what. The other 2 will be there at their convienence...

With age usually comes lifestyle changes.. and with those changes you will be able to see whos really ur friend and who was just someone to waste time with.

I have 4 close friends that I consider to be like brothers.

2 I've know since the 8th and 9th grade so that's roughly 24 years (sh-t!). 2 others about 18 years. I don't see all of them as much but it has more to do with moving to different areas. At some point during the early 90's all of us had a 5.0 but I'm the only one keeping the tradition alive. :D Basically they bought there's because I was having so much fun with mine. lol

mob said:
haha Im 17 and when I was younger like middle school days, friends were everything, but after getting screwed over enough, ive come to realise I dont need any freinds, more friends=more drama, of course its probably different for different people, parts of the country, different ages, but thats just how I see it.

around here there's alot of drama. but i enjoy it :rolleyes:

ive learned this. when a girl is talking to you about how mad she is about here friend going out with her ex-boyfriend. just nod you head and say i understand. then be ready for a huge hug and then i knew i could talk to you. :lol: worked everytime so far

ryan218 said:
around here there's alot of drama. but i enjoy it :rolleyes:

ive learned this. when a girl is talking to you about how mad she is about here friend going out with her ex-boyfriend. just nod you head and say i understand. then be ready for a huge hug and then i knew i could talk to you. :lol: worked everytime so far

dude, that puts in the friends catagorey.. meaning no hanky panky...

You need to turn that hug into a rub... its difficult but possible.

poneypower89 said:
dude, that puts in the friends catagorey.. meaning no hanky panky...

You need to turn that hug into a rub... its difficult but possible.

uhhh yeah about that :rolleyes: not to difficult around here buddy. and who says you cant have a fun night with just chicks that are friends :p

cant live with em cant live without em :hail2:

here is *Miss Meyli* she's kinda prued though

View attachment 452326

you can't... its a proven fact.

Deep in the back of every male mind is the desire to sleep with every decent looking woman in the world.. and to avoid the rest.

So, if ur hanging out with em.. then they are more than likely decent..

I mean, yea... Guys have friends that are girls.. but 9 times out of 10.. they want to either..

a) Sleep with her
b) Skeet on her
c) Have already done either a or b or both a and b and now they've had their fill and have leveled back down to just friends.

:rlaugh: I speak the truth... but no one should ever listen to me.. its bad for ur health. :rlaugh:

poneypower89 said:
you can't... its a proven fact.

Deep in the back of every males mind is the desire to sleep with every decent looking woman in the world.. and to avoid the rest.

So, if ur hanging out with em.. then they are more than likely decent..

hahahaha yeah