OT: Why cant my parents spoil the hell outta me

chalk me up under the list of "saved his ass off and paid for his own car" list. it takes a lot of hours at $5-8 to buy yourself anything decent...so props to anyone else here that is in high school or college and saving up to have the dream car before they graduate...its frustrating to be in college and only make 100 bucks or 200 bucks a week (limited time to work) but when you plunk down the hard earned cash and UPS arrives with your Summit/5.0resto/Jegs boxes...its worth it! and a big **** you to anyone that has a car bought for them, doesn't give a **** about it, and runs it into the ground. especially people who have mommy buy them a 1999 GT and proceed to drive it into a flooded underpass a month later (hint hint at someone i know). not only are people like this ungrateful, but they ruin the cars people like us would be buying used in the future! bastards. (yes, i'm jealous, and yes, this topic is my pet peeve)

• Sponsors (?)

I bought mine with my money for $2800 from some dumb azz in LA who trashed it- took me $1200 to fix it up nice with no mods... yet.

I only hate the rich b@stards who flaunt being rich like the mach1 guy and all the little M3 asian bi@tches at my college at UCI who obviously have no respect for their possessions. But people who don't like brag about being rich are ok

It does make you appreciate things- being poor i mean

I remember one of my friend's parents bought him a 2001 Z28 with 8,000 miles or something like that. Then always say how much faster "his" car was. His parents paid for his insurance payments. I'm jealous but put yourself in that situation, would you tell your parents no if they said they'll buy you a new mustang or camaro?

weeeee

When I was 16 my dad gave me his 84 Cougar which was going to get picked up by the junk yard the next day. I had to fix the transmission, change the motor, fix the fire dammage on the dash, do one hell of a body job, paint it, put the gas tank back on (fell by itself), fix the brakes, change the radiator, etc... All by myself (working afterschool to pay for parts), and I thought I was spoiled. :rolleyes:

My friend's parents are millionaires and they gave him a Cavelier Z24 as a first car when he was 18... Now they just bought him a brand new GMC Canyon with that I5 engine. But he's such a great guy, I'm not jealous at all. Hehe his parents will let me use one of their garages at their farm (big enough for 4 freaking cars) so I can swap my engine into the Mustang lol.

there is this kid in my school who may be spoiled but he is a great guy tho, but listen to this car list, when he was 16 he got a supra hat he hooked up pretty nicley, then he traded it in for a 350z that he had for a month, then he got a brand new jag and put 20's on it, then and his current ride is a brand new audi that he is hooking up, this is in a span of 2 years, he had the supra for a year tho. but if my parents said, "u wanna new mustang?" i would accept but i would treat it like i payed for it, right now i have payed every penny for my 95 gt now, so i know what it is to pay for everything and i'm a senior in high school along with 17yroldstanger...any other high schoolers?

im sure I would not complain if my parents bought me a mach1, but I surely would not go around bragging saying "I deserve it".

too true. i bought my first mustang (red 94) with hard earned money from two years working through highschool. that was my graduation present for myself. i thought i was lucky when my parents paid for the taxes when i bought it. i paid for the insurance, mods, gas, everything. the black one that i have now, i sold the red one, and am borrowing 4k from parents to pay it off. i don't consider it being spoiled or derserving it, but i look at it this way, if i didn't buy it my dad would have and i would have never heard the end of it. i pay my parents back with interest on the money i borrowed.

My pops offered to put down a hefty down payment on a new mustang for me, and yes I wouldve been deserving of it, but I turned it down and told him I would rather take my hard earned money and look for a 94-95 GT. He did pay for my first 6 months of insurance though, only cause he wouldnt take my money. :notnice: :D

No matter how i wish i had all the money or that my parents would buy me what i want for me and my car, I'm still glad(and proud) that ive had to work for what i have because it makes me appreciate it more and take care of it even if its the crappiest and slowest car. I can say i fixed it and bought it.

I got my black 1994 GT convertible with only 32,000 miles from an old lady for $7,500. This is my third car. My parents bought me a beater '86 Chevy when I turned 16 and later got a 94' Explorer Limited. It was just an extra vehicle my parents had so we sold my truck. When I found my Mustang, my parents bought it for me. They sold the Explorer and I had to pay off the difference on the Mustang which was $2,500. I have always paid for my insurance, taxes, tags, and gas on all my cars and do so on my GT. I feel really lucky to have parents that would do things like that. I do my part at home, work, and school and my parents feel like they can reward me. I've never asked for a hand-out like that prick though. Maybe one of us will meet him on the street one day........ :flag:

yeah I also worked liek crazy in high school for a car... my first ride was a 1985 Chrysler New Yorker, but its ok cause it was only 3 colors and a 2.2 turbo... and we all know four cylinder turbos are awesome!!! Anyway, the car was free cause someone my dad knew died.... the car itself died about a year later, after I had put 700 dollars into to keep it runnin and paid for all the insurance. I didn't own a car from a month after senior year in high school till halfway between by sophomore and junior year of college in the summer. I had spent the remaining time gettin driven to work by my pops and saving for a stang, finally got one last summer and haven't regretted it since (except for insurance despite a clear record... stupid mass!) But now its my baby, and every time the iginition rolls over I smile, so in the end I appreciate it more. I still let the old man take it out for ice cream with my mom on sundays though for drivin me to work all those times.