Over $100k for a Shelby Clone authorized by Shelby!

• Sponsors (?)

It says "expected delivery time to the agreed upon delivery address is 3-4 weeks after final payment is received". I don't think it's a photoshop car.

North of 100K is definitely more than an ordinary Shelby clone is worth but how much do you think they have in the car?

Decent '68 coupe - 5K, 428 FE - 8K, Shelby fiberglass - 2K, Currie rear - 2K, all new deluxe upholstery - 2K, wheels and tires - 2K, full rotisserie resto 30-35K. Shelby roll bar, aluminum radiator... Just scratching the surface I bet they have at least 75K in the car if it is done right.

This is not just a simple clone Carroll is selling to turn a profit. If you read about this car, you have to be prequalified to bid and it is for charity. (Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation, and donated from his personal collection, the car is being auctioned by Restoration Hardware to benefit the Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation) Whoever bids will likely be loaded anyway....it's better than giving money for the bidders and likely to draw more money for the charity if there is a prize involved.....look at Charity dinners, some plates are upward of $25,000…..flame him for this…..I won’t do it…..this is a highly respectable thing he's doing in my eyes! I think the black hornet is one bad ass car!

i agree, the black hornet is bad-ass and to have the only authorized repro of the original green hornet is also something to be able to brag about, especially when you consider that the original green hornet isn't really considered a true shelby since it was just an engineering prototype and has no shelby serial number, while the black hornet is considered a true shelby continuation car and does have a shelby serial number. so technically speaking the black hornet is more of a true shelby than the original green hornet....kind odd huh? as much as i have grown to dislike shelby over the last few years i can't fault him for this one either.

This is not just a simple clone Carroll is selling to turn a profit. If you read about this car, you have to be prequalified to bid and it is for charity. (Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation, and donated from his personal collection, the car is being auctioned by Restoration Hardware to benefit the Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation) Whoever bids will likely be loaded anyway....it's better than giving money for the bidders and likely to draw more money for the charity if there is a prize involved.....look at Charity dinners, some plates are upward of $25,000…..flame him for this…..I won’t do it…..this is a highly respectable thing he's doing in my eyes! I think the black hornet is one bad ass car!

I am not one to start trouble here BUT....

Take off your rose colored glasses. This subject has been bashed, hammered, and beaten to death on many other sites. How can C$ own it if it's not even built yet? As well, it is documented that C$ has not given any monies to charity, and if you remember the original charity he started, this charity mentioned here is NOT the original. C$ is a sham artist, and will do anything for money. He is no longer the icon he used to be, he is only in it for the money and prestige. Just ask anyone who lost $250K waiting for their Unique clone.

Stay away from this car and this ad. Fake, fraud, trouble. A nice mustang, yes, that is it.

C$ needs to fade away...... His reputation is badly tarnished, and will go to the grave soiled. I will not weep when his borrowed hardware stops.

Dan, this car has actually been built already and it has been built for some time actually. as far as the charity thing goes, it's the company sponsoring the build's charity not $helby's charity, they commissioned to have the car built. i have read up on this car simply because i really like the original green hornet