Overflow spout on fluidyne rad need pics

YELLOW 94

Founding Member
Nov 19, 1999
Rio Rancho NM
For every one that has a fluidyne in there car, can you please take a picture of the over flow spout right under the radiatir cap. My fluidyne has nothing there, its just a hole. I called fluidyne and they said there should be some threads to screw a 1/8 inch nipple into(I said nipple). Not sure what there talking about. So please post some pics.

later
Orlie

• Sponsors (?)

Orlie, if you go to the plumbing section of the local home store (or better car parts stores), you can get the fitting you need. It should be 1/8" NPT (pipe thread) on one end, and the barb is whatever size the overflow hose is on the other (I think it's like 1/4" or 5/16" but double check me).

If your local Napa is well stocked, they probably have the fitting and will know exactly what you're doing and what you need.

Good luck.

Here is a couple of pics of my radiator overflow spout. What do you think.

later
Orlie

Attachments

• DSCN2892.JPG
    DSCN2892.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 114
  • DSCN2890.JPG
    DSCN2890.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 105
Are there threads in there? If not, you will have to have a bung brazed to it probably (if there's epoxy in the rad you have to be real careful with the brazing).

I wonder if they forgot to tap the hole for you. I'd contact the vendor/manufacturer if all else fails.