P0174 engine code..what are causes??

Alex Swinney

Founding Member
Aug 21, 2002
Muncie, IN
I have a SINGLE engine code, P0174 (only one bank is lean, driver's side...), and was wondering what the cause of it might be? I've checked for loose vacuum hoses, reattached any that I've found, reset engine 3 separate times, switched the mils/rear 02s with no luck. What else could it be????

I have o/r x-pipe w/ mils, c&l maf, steeda ud pullies, and bbk cai (w/ elbow).

Oh, I posted this on an engine code specialty site, but they seem to be nothing but (old) tree-hugging hippies that don't want to help someone with 'illegal' parts :morons:

Thanks be to those that help me solve this horrible delimma!

:)

• Sponsors (?)

PO174 CODE

I don't know if you have tried it or not but, I have a Explorer also that threw one of those codes and it ended up being the fuel pressure regulator was putting out too much fuel. 80psi to be exact. It was only supposed to put out 35-40psi. Check your fuel pressure.

yea it caused a rich condition on one bank. i only had one O2 sensor and the code was only on one bank. put a new regulator on it and no more code and better gas mileage. :shrug: the pcm isn't really going to tell you exactly where it is lean or rich, it justs tells you when it is either one.