P0401 EGR FLow and Intake Change Help?

Isaac-1

Founding Member
Sep 8, 2001
SW Louisiana
As some of you have read last week I took my car into the local Ford Dealership to have the cracked intake replaced under the terms of their recent settlement. The job was done very poorly, when I left dealer the car was running on only 7 cylinders and very rough. (I took it back in and was told it would be today before they could look at it again, so I decided just to fix it myself) As it turns out the "mechanic" that did the job had not cleaned the coils off before reinstalling them, 3 or 4 were clogged with crud from the the coolant leak where it was running down into the spark plug holes. Saturday morning I removed the coils, bit of component cleaner and a wire brush seems to have fixed the problem with the missing, I also installed a new set of NGK TR-55IX plugs while I had the coils off (the old ones had about 60,000 miles on them). Sunday about 50 miles of driving after the plug change, and about 70 miles after picking it up from the dealship the SES light came on, I had the code pulled this morning and it came up with P0401 Low EGR Flow, the car seems to be running ok, but does rev a little higher than normal on startup. My question is what may have been bumped during an intake change that would cause this code?

Thanks Ike

• Sponsors (?)