P1000 code help

nl mex

Sep 24, 2004
Bakersfield, Cali
.....before anyone blasts me, I did a search and couldn't find an answer.

I used the Predator to clear my codes earlier today, and went to get a smog check. It passed emissions, but the OBD couldn't complete the self test. After driving my car for awhile, it came back on, and now it shows the folllowing: P1000, and P0161. The second code is an O2 sensor on bank 2.

Now, HOW THE HELL DO I CLEAR OR REPAIR THE p1000 code????? And what is Bank 2, so I can know which O2 sensor to replace?

Any help is appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

P0161 is for the rear O2 bank 2 (Drivers side). Make sure that you don't have a chaffed or broken wire to the sensor before you just replace it.
P1000 means that you have not completed a drive cycle and all monitors have not completed. It will probably not complete until you get the P0161 code fixed. Then after you have fixed the O2 and cleared the code from memory then you can try and complete the drive cycle and clear P1000. Note you must have between 1/4 to 3/4 tank of fuel before all the monitors will set and drive it about 20-30 miles at speeds of 45 up to 65 mph steady speeds then a few stops and it will usually reset. The factory version of how to complete a drive cycle is pretty complicated and hard to follow so I won't even post that here, but driving like I said usually completes it fairly easy. Only other thing you need to know is after you clear the O2 code do not cycle the switch off untill after you have driven it like I said, if so it will have to go thur a 6 hour cool down cycle before the monitors will try and run again to complete the drive cycle.