PA Performance....

Black 93 Fox

Jun 1, 2003
Vancouver,Washington
Hey guy's the time has come for me to upgrade my alternator. I was thinking about going with a Pa Performance kit they sell. I was gona get the 130amp kit have any of you guys had these befor if so how was the kit and everything work ok? Also I am alittle confused on which alt I need to order they have 4 options which one is the correct one that I need for my car I was thinking option 1... 2G Replacement am I right? The car is a 93 5.0 of course. Here is there web site http://www.pa-performance.com/displ...902)+Premium+Long&config4=80+Idle+160+Max&rP=

Thanks for the help!

1. 2G Replacement: When replacing an internally regulated 2G Alternator (typically found from the mid 1980’s to the mid 1990’s) – Kit includes alternator, 6S pulley, Ring Terminals, Shrink Tube, Mounting Bolt, Stator Plug and Instructions

2. 2G (With 2-Wire Regulator) Replacement: Like Configuration “A” some early 2G and Truck Applications used a 2G alternator, but only had two wires on the voltage regulator plug. Select this configuration if that is your vehicle. The 3G units require all three wires be used. Kit includes alternator, 6S pulley, Ring Terminals, Shrink Tube, Mounting Bolt, Stator Plug and Instructions

3.1G Replacement: (retain all stock wiring) – The early Fords used Externally Regulated Systems. The External regulator was on the fender well or radiator support. This Kit will re-use all of the stock wires, all of the original functions will still work and will allow you to use the late model 3G alternator on your older Ford. Kit includes alternator, 6S pulley, New External Regulator (required), Mounting Bolt, New 3-wire Regulator Plug and Instructions

4. Kit / Race Car 2-wire – This kit is used primarily on kit or race cars where there is no existing wiring and you want a “1-wire” type alternator. This kit can also be used in place of “C” above, where you may wish to eliminate all of the stock wiring from the original regulator and alternator circuit. Ford’s regulator circuit won’t ever be a true 1-wire but this kit only requires a wire be run to the alternator that comes on with the ignition key and a power output wire. Kit includes alternator, 6S pulley, Mounting Bolt, New 3-wire Regulator Plug and Instructions – it will work on any vehicle, no prior wiring needed

• Sponsors (?)

$250 for an alternator is alot.
IMO, just get a used 94/95 alternator, and buy the connector from PA, then get the correct wire and do it yourself. You could probably save about $150 bucks.