Paint and dent repair- Suggestions? ""Houston people""

matt1517

Nov 4, 2008
Hey is there anyone in the Houston area on this website that knows of a reputable body and paint shop? I've gotten some quotes for getting the dent out of my quarter panel and they seem to hit 550 and above. Well at least that's what Macco said they'd do it for. But honestly, I don't trust them. They were talking about removing it and working on it. The dent I have is a creased dent nothing that cant be reached from the trunk and done with special tools.

• Sponsors (?)

I bought it with the dent in it, its a creased dent with no paint missing. I dont know how they hit it and didn't scratch the paint but its perfectly painted. I just wanted an overall paint job done and to get the dent out. I dont know anything about dents but I'v seen people just "work creased dents out" with out removing the panel.

Generally only dents without creases can be worked out from behind. If it has a crease, the metal is deformed too much, and it will have to be filled. The dent still has to be pulled out as much as possible to keep the thickness of filler to a minimum.

550 seems like a lot, but the collision repair shops probably don't cut you much of a deal on non-insurance work. I would try to find an independent shop. Maybe one that does restoration work. They might be cheaper and might actually do a better job.

Dunno if you are still in the market ...

But, years ago these guys did good work on the ex wifes Nissan Sentra when she caught the rear 1/4 panel on the garage center divider ... :eek:

Cejan Linky

Good body shops are like good mechanics - hard to come by. :nonono:

Best of Luck ! :flag:

Britt