Painted, finally!

• Sponsors (?)

Beautiful car......
Just got lucky our kickers suck....ROLL TIDE!

Thanks...and ya'll dont be so hard on the kickers...if the offense as a whole would have done better they wouldnt have had to kick from 50 yards out. Epic game though, my boss's son is an offensive lineman for LSU...he came into work monday and couldnt speak from all the screaming and yelling!

Just extra info for those curious, we painted this with Limco Base and AutoBahn Show Car Clear (3 heavy coats). Inside my cousin-in-laws 30x30 metal building....without adequate ventilation, fighting an infestation of gnats, lol. I got high and we got 4 gnats that we had to get out with some masking tape, only one got in the clear, we'll buff his little a$$ out soon though when we color sand the car.

I agree, the car looks great and I also love stripes below the doors. With the cowl closed in does it affect the heater in any way? Did you have to cut out all the vents in the cowl and weld in a piece of metal? I need to do something with my 65 and not sure how I want to go.

Car looks great no stripes!!

To fill in the cowl on a 65 make a patch for each panel and use panel adhesive to attach no chance of warping.

223.jpg

Attachments

• 223.jpg
    223.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 108
Thanks everyone....im seriously considering no stripes....it looks better and better to me without them all the time...plust now that the a$$ of the car is up, the front nosed down a little, car actually sits like its supposed to! Anyway as far as the heater, no problems. The heater will just pull air from your cabin and recirculate it....it will suck air from your fresh air vent and blow it out the heater.....plus you also have those water vents that can draw a little "fresh" air too. I put a Vintage Air gen V system in mine, it blocks off the cowl completely and just uses cabin air.