Painted the Notch, pictures

281pony

Aug 31, 2003
Oly, WA
got the notch painted over the long weekend. took almost 5 days, long days. i did most of the prep work and the disassembly. then put it back together as my painter did the cut/buffing.

we painted all the trim, debadged it, and finished up some body work. i went with the factory performance white color and added 2 coats of a subtle pearl coat. followed by 6 coats of clear coat. we did the door jams, under trunk/trunk jams, under hood and cleared it, ect. pretty involved over what i planned on lol.

came out amazing, pic's are kinda crappy off my phone. here is a couple before pics the morning we started the paint.

DSC03621.jpg

DSC03626.jpg

after pics for now;

View attachment 200209
View attachment 200210
View attachment 200211

i have a ton of pics on my phone still to get on my computer. there was some pretty intense body work the car needed on the roof, bumpers, door, fender lips as smokedya can attest. ALOT of work, but i feel the outside matches the rest of the car finally..

the car has strong sentimental ties to my late grandpa for me, i think he would appreciate it :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Nothing can make you more proud of your car than a fresh paint job. Thumbs up!!

thanks man. i agree.. it took alot out of me physically, cause i got sick 2nd day in. in the end though, it feels like i left with a new car.

shaolin, i didn't like the full stripe when i sat back and looked at it. all the trim pieces are about the same width as the new center stripe. it seemed much more fitting then a big 4" stripe down the center.

thanks man. i agree.. it took alot out of me physically, cause i got sick 2nd day in. in the end though, it feels like i left with a new car.

shaolin, i didn't like the full stripe when i sat back and looked at it. all the trim pieces are about the same width as the new center stripe. it seemed much more fitting then a big 4" stripe down the center.

No need to justify, its your car, do what you will :nice:

Congrats! Although I would've gone with some fast-N-furious stickers from the fenders to the quarters with a big ass wing on the trunk lid to top it off. JK. Looks awesome!!!

Man i LOVE the molding stripe. I think it sets the car off. I really don't care for it on GT's but on that car it looks sweet. It'll set it apart from the slew of other all white coupes out there.

Looks good john the sneak pics you sent me a few days ago i think looked better!Thats what the car has needed and what i should of got off my ass and did a long long time ago when i had it.Did you black out the ass end?peace

john:p