Painted upper and lower installed. Whatcha think?

Ok folks picked her up last night and drove home. I did not change heads yet, but can say that I can feel the difference. Not a ton, but def different. Better throttle response.

The set up is an Explorer upper and lower, 93 Cobra TB and Spacer, 75m MAF (this was already on) but had him put a new panel K&N filter in the stock box. the one that was in there was well over 7yrs old. So I felt like it was time for a new one.

So here are the pics. Some pics look like they are scratched or pitted, but it actually is dust and POLLEN. The Pollen is crazy already.

2012-03-06_094226.jpg

2012-03-06_094238.jpg

2012-03-06_074905.jpg

2012-03-06_074919.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I remember the day I installed an Edelbrock Performer Intake, 70MM Throttle Body and Pro-M 77 MAF, what a difference. A few days later I ran into the 13's for the first time, 13.79 at 101MPH. A few weeks later it dyoned at 241HP / 289 TQ at the wheels with the stock E7 heads and cam.

Looks good.

Thanks guys. I am very happy with the upgrade, glad I did it!! Just like my shifter, can't believe I waited this long.

Now what to do next? Was thinking SFC's, but then a little voice keeps telling me, NO PUT THE GEARS IN!!! LOL

Go for the gears! Again, call me weido, but welding subframes on my '95 really didnt feel much different. It was stiffer for sure, but I never went racing around a road course, so it wasnt a big upgrade for me.
It probably wouldn't feel a whole lot different during normal driving. The SN95's were a much more rigid platform to start with than the original Fox's were. Still a great idea though.

Wow guys really? I noticed a huge change and improvement with sfc's. Everything from no more car flex and creaking getting in and out of driveways, lifting up the car on a jack was no longer articulating like I was attempting 3 wheel motion and body flex when accelerating was drastically reduced..

Agreed. ReefBlueHatch, you must have some pretty smooth streets in Central KY to not see an improvement? I noticed the difference almost immediately on the crap roads we've got around here. Taking potholes and dips in the road alone were made a tonne easier, with just their addition....never mind any sort of spirited driving. And usually their effects are even more pronounced on a hatch back? :scratch:

And +2 for jacking up the car. The body would deflect so much previous to their install, that I could literally have one wheel 6-8" off the ground before any of the others would even budge. Now, I can get 3-wheels off the ground jacking the car the same distance.

I'm actually probably going to go a step further this summer and make up a set of Matrix braces with jacking rails similar to the Kenny Brown ones. Maybe even a K-Member brace and rear strut tower brace too? You can never stiffen the chassis too much.

SFC's made my fox actually feel like a car. The suspension now flexes instead of the entire car when I change lanes or back out of my driveway. Hands down the first mod that should be done on a fox expecially verts or ttop cars. k member brace is right up there too. They are fairly inexpensive and install easily. Next up on the must haves is a quality set of rear upper and lower control arms. With these three mods my fox when from feeling like a piece of stale pasta to a stiff chassis street machine.(uncooked noodles)

I noticed a huge difference in the chassis on both my LX and my old Cobra when I installed SFC's on them. The LX was the biggest change because the seats actually sat higher due to the fact the floor boards were starting to tear and sag. I also noticed the suspension was working a lot better, even though it was the worn out factory suspension at the time.

Driving my friend's 94 GT with sfc after a couple years of driving my 90 GT without em told me right then and there that I'd never go without again. The first thing I purchased for my 87 GT was a set of MM full lengths, 4 point k member brace, and strut tower brace.