Painting Engine Bay

00GTpony

Mar 10, 2007
Painting engine bay this week while the motors out in my 1992. The car is dark green. I want to paint the bay flat black or semi gloss. How do you guys feel about that?

Or do you think engine bay should match color of paint on car?

• Sponsors (?)

I don't think it has to match body color - I'm doing mine in a semi gloss black - the fact is it doesn't matter - do what you want to do - It's all in the prep anyway / if it's prepped right it will look good - matching to body is 'stock' but for me I'm not sure what color I plan to paint the entire car yet -

I don't think it has to match body color - I'm doing mine in a semi gloss black - the fact is it doesn't matter - do what you want to do - It's all in the prep anyway / if it's prepped right it will look good - matching to body is 'stock' but for me I'm not sure what color I plan to paint the entire car yet -

No it has to be body color

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: 1 user
Body color. Here is mine.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343180617.660568.jpg

Body color. I actually did mine using the Duplicolor Perfect Match paint. They make dozens of factory colors and you can buy it at Autozone. Prep is always important.

100_5906.JPG

I guess i'm the only one who likes it body color or black. All the old school muscle cars had their bays black, it was the look back then. hell my 2007 ford escape came from the factory with a black engine bay (truck is blue). Its not as country as some people make it out to be :)

I guess i'm the only one who likes it body color or black. All the old school muscle cars had their bays black, it was the look back then. hell my 2007 ford escape came from the factory with a black engine bay (truck is blue). Its not as country as some people make it out to be :)

I guess you are country then

Black just looks unfinished. Rarely in the aftermaket and heavily modified arena do you find black engine bays. I am most certainly not saying it doesnt exist, and saying its not cool. What is cool to you is all that matters. You asked for an opinion and it seems a majority think body color....

SO, you're tasked with the decisions of concerning yourself with appealing to the masses when they look at your car, or your personal preferences when you look at the car. :nice:

Black just looks unfinished. Rarely in the aftermaket and heavily modified arena do you find black engine bays. I am most certainly not saying it doesnt exist, and saying its not cool. What is cool to you is all that matters. You asked for an opinion and it seems a majority think body color....

SO, you're tasked with the decisions of concerning yourself with appealing to the masses when they look at your car, or you're personal preferences when you look at the car. :nice:

In a nutshell, do you want people to think your car looks country, or do you want people to say "wow, that's a nice looking engine bay"

:D

Coming from someone who just changed my bay back from all semi gloss black to ablack/ body color TT, Even though my bay is still predominately black, I am on the side for body color. The sheetmetal surrounding the engine dissappears and any work you do smoothing it also goes away right along with it. As much work as I did to my bay to weld up the 50,000 holes and prime and smooth the metal, now goes unnoticed because of the potential "black hole" beneath the gold pinstripe.
mustangengineswap099.jpg

mustangengineswap271.jpg

mustangbuild358.jpg

The black w/the blue / cobra jet looks way more 'mean' muscle - MM - but I see your point.... the body colored (although only 1/4 ) gives it more 'pop' looks more like a show car effect - crap now you've got me thinking of going Bod color - :O_o: