Parts from an old F150

StreetDreamsGT

Mar 6, 2003
New Jersey
Hey guys, my dad has an F150, not exactly sure of the year sumwhere round 88 89 or so. He got it through a guy he does business with with, paid a few hundred for it, the guy bought a new truck n just wanted ta get rid of tha old 1. I'm wondering wut parts i'd b able to use on my stang, 90 GT.

• Sponsors (?)

Nothing much if you're looking for something better... I hear the lower intake may be better but I also hear it sucks so... You should have the E7 heads in your GT as the truck has.

Sell the engine and use that cash for some parts :)

Heads and block are the same as your Mustang. Might be worth while keeping it aound to build yourself a nice stroker down the road. Or if that's not in the cards, at the very least you could practice your porting skills on the stock heads and make an easy 20+ horsepower. The lower intake is better flowing, but a completely different design than you Mustang (semi-square ports versus oval ports for the Mustang). I think Holley is one of the few companies that would sell an upper to fit....and even then you'd still have to have the truck lower ported.

StreetDreamsGT said:
that was actually the main thing i'd heard i could get outta tha f150s. I got an auto, r 3.55's wut i'm lookin for?
Nope....stick them in the local Bargain Hunter and use the money you get for them towards a set of 4.10's. I've got 3.55's in my LX and I still think 3.73's would have been better.....and mines a 5-speed. Auto's are worse of yet. I'd go no less than 4.10's if I were you!:nice: