Parts store degreaser?

The only big project left on the coupe is to detail the engine bay. Will this stuff hurt the paint job? I was thinking of soaking it and using the pressure washer before attempting to paint. It doesn't say anything on the can about hurting the paint. My pressure washer doesn't steam, so I need some help cleaning off the gunk. Good idea?

• Sponsors (?)

I'd try some SIMPLE GREEN on it ...

its non toxic

biodegradable

non flamable

ammonia free

and cuts thru brake dust, caked on grease, oxidized rubber, road tar, and a lot of other petroleum-based substances.

you can get it in a spray, scubbing pads or individual wipes ....

not as fast maybe as a power washer and hot degreaser, but in this case - may be safer in the long run ...

Hope this helps

67 GTA said:
The only big project left on the coupe is to detail the engine bay. Will this stuff hurt the paint job? I was thinking of soaking it and using the pressure washer before attempting to paint. It doesn't say anything on the can about hurting the paint. My pressure washer doesn't steam, so I need some help cleaning off the gunk. Good idea?

Gunk makes a citrus based degreaser. I use it when prepping my '66 coupe for shows. It hasn't effected my new paint, at all. Smells good too!