PCV looking device in rear of valve cover on 88 TC

Slugstang

Dec 9, 2003
Va.
Anyone have a part number for the little PCV looking valve thats located in the rear of the valve cover on an 88TC motor or the name of the part? Tried a few part stores but none had a clue what to look up.

Mike

• Sponsors (?)

Slugstang said:
Anyone have a part number for the little PCV looking valve thats located in the rear of the valve cover on an 88TC motor or the name of the part? Tried a few part stores but none had a clue what to look up.

Mike

If its that big round black looking device with a pretty good size hose on it right by the fire wall located on the vavle cover very close to the throttle body, its not a PVC vavle. That is a oil seperator and a vent tube on it. I don't know a part number on it, but if I find one I'll post it.

As for the PVC, I heard the part number you want to use is a #1067, this is what I was told on this matter:

"Accept NOTHING but the FORD(dealership only!) PCV valve.......IIRC, the # is 1076. Others will let boost into the crankcase, causing all sorts of woes."

Hope that helps you out some.

Well mine is a little doifferent than what you described. Mine has a black steal tube about 3/8 in diameter that runs from the Turbo inlet tube before the turbo to the the back of my valve cover but it conects to a white PCV looking valve and then that plugs into the top of my valve cover close to the firewall. Wish I took pics... The actual piece going into my valve cover is the exact size as my actual PCV valve only white in color. Matter of fact placing them side by side other than color they look identicle. Has a little spring and all in it. I believe it's worn out since the spring doesn't hold the valve closed any more thus the reason I need a part number to replace it. I wondering if a regular PCV valve will work in it's place.

Slugstang said:
Well mine is a little doifferent than what you described. Mine has a black steal tube about 3/8 in diameter that runs from the Turbo inlet tube before the turbo to the the back of my valve cover but it conects to a white PCV looking valve and then that plugs into the top of my valve cover close to the firewall. Wish I took pics... The actual piece going into my valve cover is the exact size as my actual PCV valve only white in color. Matter of fact placing them side by side other than color they look identicle. Has a little spring and all in it. I believe it's worn out since the spring doesn't hold the valve closed any more thus the reason I need a part number to replace it. I wondering if a regular PCV valve will work in it's place.

Well now we're both lost lol I'm guessing the factory seperator didn't work or they couldn't find a new part replacment for it and replaced it with a PCV, because my Hayness book shows it to be bigger than a PCV. :shrug: That is purely a guess on my part, its hard for me to tell because my 88TC had a older motor dropped in it so its like what I described. I wonder if you pull the PCV out and compare it with the one on the vavle cover, if they would look the same? Its up front near the distribitor attached to a vaccum hose around 3/8 OD. You never know :shrug:

Sorry I couldn't help much

Whatever is in your VC is the wrong part. It should be at Pro-Hawk stated. There is no "valve" in that part. You will need to get the right part installed if you want it to function properly.

Stinger

I was thinking about that after my last post. I got the motor VIA junk yard so who knows what the previous owner or the junk yard did. Stopped by a few parts stores, found out the part is listed as a Crankcase Breather which would make sense after reading what Pro-Halk originally posted. All had a listing for the part but none carried it. I'm going to try the dealer today.

Thanks all,

Mike