PCV Valve Troubles

PULMEOVR

I need a bigger E-Penis.
Sep 29, 2003
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Hi Guys,

I bought a new PCV valve from Late Model Restoration. The PCV valve looks like this:

ev257-fro.jpg

But I am unable to take off the black piece sitting on top of the original PCV valve, like in this picture:

pcv2371.jpg

My question is ... does this black piece come off from the PCV valve? It feels like hard plastic and due to the ring moulded in the black plastic, it feels like it won't come off. Did I order the wrong part?

Hopefully you guys know what I'm talking about.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Matt

• Sponsors (?)

You might try heating the assembly in an oven (be prepared for some weird smells...) at low-med temp to soften the plastic just a bit to see if that will help move the black part over the ridge.

Hi Guys,

I bought a new PCV valve from Late Model Restoration. The PCV valve looks like this:

ev257-fro.jpg

But I am unable to take off the black piece sitting on top of the original PCV valve, like in this picture:

pcv2371.jpg

My question is ... does this black piece come off from the PCV valve? It feels like hard plastic and due to the ring moulded in the black plastic, it feels like it won't come off. Did I order the wrong part?

Hopefully you guys know what I'm talking about.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Matt
What is the Model and Year?

On my 2000 Gt "stang" the PVC sits in a removable rubber gromit and the piece and above sits on the Driver's side. Those seem to be opposite sides of the engine. I'm thinking the Piece on the drivers side is actually glued in, but you should be able to replace the rubber PVC in the rubber ring.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the responses. I thought I posted my sig but I guess SN default settings have changed. I have an '02 GT.

wmburns -I've read here (http://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l...g/650070-how-do-i-remove-the-pcv-valve-2.html) that the part has changed from Ford. Apparently you need to change out the hoses to the PCV valve if you have the older style which Ford supposedly no longer makes. I might order these parts if I can't figure something else out. I might also fab up a plastic elbow to my replacement PCV valve.

Trinity - I'm not sure if that would work. I may be able to remove the elbow from the PCV valve (with heat, as you stated), but I'm thinking the elbow may be too distorted afterwards to attach to my replacement valve.

This seems like quite a PITA for such a simple thing, no? Why wouldn't Ford use the same style valve on all of their modulars? :fuss:

I do happen to know the reason for the PVC value re-design. Ford had two goals. One was to reduce the chance of accidently disconnecting the PVC value. So the PVC valve was changed to "high interference" fit. The new PVC valve has an O-ring for a better seal.

Next Ford wanted to reduce the chance that a tech/customer would forget to re-connect the PVC system. So the size of the vacuum lines were increased to the point where the motor could not run with the PVC line disconnected.