PCV Valve

• Sponsors (?)

Ok I found out where it is but I cant seem to remove it. I disconnected the hose going to the what loos like a black housing for the PCV valve but it wont budge. It's connected to a light grey ring into the valve cover. It simply dosent pull out like other PCV valves do. Do I need a special tool to take it out? I dont want to do anything else and risk damaging something. HELP!!!!

stang976 said:

I guess you should have it replace after so many miles........A while back when I brought my G/f Nissan Sentra to Jiffy Lube for an oil change...they recommended that I have them replace it. It would help better the gas mileage. sum shyt like that!

Ok i'm getting pissed off. Ok first I removed the hose to what "supposedly" is the PCV valve then I took out what apperars to be the black cap on the passenger side valve cover to the PVC vale off and theres is nothing to remove. All that remained was a light grey ring or gasget and I see no PCV Vale to remove or replace at all. WHERE THE HELL IS THE PCV VALVE??I'm looking at the haynes manual and from the pics its appears to be next to the EGR valve side (drivers) of the engine. WTF???

I just had the PCV valve out of my 01 the other day while I was installing my straight shot. It on the passenger side valve cover and pulls out with minimal effort. Not sure why it would be giving you such a problem. :shrug: It's always been my understanding that you are supposed to replace them on a fairly regular basis, like every 2 or 3 oil changes.

I know what he's talking about. Sounds like the older models just pull right out. About a month ago mine was leaking a little oil and I twisted it to tighten up. I haven't pulled it out but have been wondering how to do that. And yes, it is under the air intake tube in the middle of the passenger side valve cover.

are you sure youre pulling on the pcv valve? It should be right on top of the engine on the passenger side with a vacuum hose connected. Maybe someone with a digital camera can give you a pic, I think they just pop in I didnt think you could tighten it.

NY
The valve twists out. It should only take about 1 turn. I have had trouble finding the correct replacement part though. Mine has an elbow and all the replacement Ford PCV's do not. See my pics (if it works). The replacement I was given has no elbow. If I find out anything about it, I'll let you know.

Attachments

• Image001.jpg
    Image001.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 146
  • Image002.jpg
    Image002.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 117