Progress Thread Pearl To White - Paint Time

Thanks fellas, I have no idea how they will correct but pretty sure they will just try getting it to match as close as possible and just blend it all in to give the illusion of being the same color. I do wish it was all painted at the same time.
Really sucks hearing stories like this! I hope you get it worked out in the end and can enjoy the car……. Seems like you’ve been more than patient, so hopefully some good karma will come your way soon!

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Well I got some more news today. Apparently they can’t find my lower rear seat. How do you loose door panels any a rear seat. All my seats were redone using the TMI 03/04 Cobra upholstery kit in black and gray. I can’t even find a seat that will match and TMI most likely won’t sell me just the lower seat cover.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user
Well I got some more news today. Apparently they can’t find my lower rear seat. How do you loose door panels any a rear seat. All my seats were redone using the TMI 03/04 Cobra upholstery kit in black and gray. I can’t even find a seat that will match and TMI most likely won’t sell me just the lower seat cover.
Good lord man, what a mess!

I don’t even know what to do about the rear seat. Uppers are there but not the lower. I know I can find a factory seat but not sure if TMI would sell me just the bottom cover for it. If not I’d have to find an upholstery shop to see if they can match it.

Find a manager at TMI willing to listen….. send them a copy of this thread, and I’d bet they’ll help you out……. If they know what customer service is about.

Reactions: 1 users
Before the missing door panels and rear seat.

IMG_2700.jpeg
IMG_2697.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
You need a lawyer, at this point get the car back with whatever parts are left, they don't get another dime until you figure damages, they should have insurance for this, sadly very few people check a shops insurance coverage.
Look into getting a 'writ of possession ' from the civil court and get the car back.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Find a manager at TMI willing to listen….. send them a copy of this thread, and I’d bet they’ll help you out……. If they know what customer service is about.
They can only sell the rear as a set with uppers and lowers. $756 plus shipping is what they want. For that price I'd rather sell my seats and just get some Recaro's and stock ones in the rear.

I'm planning on stopping by there Wednesday after work and see what's going on. I'm really trying to give them the opportunity to make it right and they are trying to. The door panels, arm rests, seat, upholstery and other associated parts will eat up the whole balance I still owe them and they are aware of that. If nothing changes, then I will pick up the car and finish it up myself. I might just sell the front seats and get some Recaro's. Part of me was tired of the black and gray color seats.

Reactions: 3 users