People in HOT areas of the US - Post a pic of fan/rad. combo

65racecoupe

Founding Member
Mar 24, 2002
Tempe, AZ
I have to work my cooling system out. I have hardly driven my 65 since I moved from SLC Ut. to Phoenix. It is hot as hell down here and my cooling system is not up for daytime traffic.

I have a Griffin Aluminum radiator (65 size) and a Spal electric fan. I have the fan on the bumper side of the radiator due to the lack of space between the fan and my pulleys.

I am thinking that if I get a different water pump or set up the pulleys differently that I may be able to fit the fan on the engine side, and that should help out tremendously.

My friend Beau wants to install a Lincoln Mark 8 fan in, but it is HUGE. It does put out a ton of CFM though, enough to make me get a 200 amp alt.

Any pics of a cooling system that REALLY works in 100 + weather would be sweet. Preferably without AC as I don't have it.

:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Yah dude! If you have a a puller and its mounted on the "bumper side" your gonna have a bad day man!

I have a 3 core rad (copper) a flex-a-lite fan, and a edelbrocj aluminum water pump and in the 98+ florida heat im cool at about 190, might get to 200 or so if im sitting but thats becasue i need a smaller pulley on the pump.

it is pusin air (letters on keyboard between f and i dont work, sorry if I sound like a caveman), but it IS puller (or vice versa, it does spin opposite of desined way)

It is wired so air flows correct way. No room for fan on motor side of car.