People with built 4R70W/4R75W come in!

I'm looking to build up my 4R70W this spring/summer and I was hoping some of you that have already done so could give me some feedback on what has worked for you.

I'm hoping to maintain street driveability and that my shifts wont be so firm (car is still a DD...got snow tires on it right now!). I want the tranny to be able to support around 500rwhp.

My a/t is completely stock right now...I know I need a tc and will probably get a stall from 2500-2800. But as far as other internal parts I'm not sure what to do...

• Sponsors (?)

I would call summit racing and order PA Performance's 4R70W, It supports 500hp/tq and its $1400

Or just do like me order the B&M Hammer Shifter, Pan, Shift Kit, Get a Stall and a valve body and have fun with what you have till she goes.

My tranny is rated at around 550rwhp right now, but most individual parts like the input shaft are around 650. I went Stage II shift kit and Jmod'd a new valve body along with using his recommendations for accumulator pistons/springs. Also went with a 3200 stall TC, very nice tranny to have. I wont be on much this week due to vacation, but pm me after chistmas and i can discuss various aspects with you.
what i did:
transmission2qm5.jpg

B&M external supercooler
3200 stall Spec-Rite 10.5" torque converter
13 quarts of Mobil synthetic ATF
Performance overhaul kit
Hard input shaft
Hard intermediate shaft
Mechanical diode kit
Gasket and Seal Kit
Metal Clad Seals - steel boost valve and sleeve
Ring Kit
Stage II shift kit
Performance Clutches
Performance Kolene Steels
Thrust washer pump
Int. roller clutch
Case connector
Digital range sensor
EPC Solenoid
New and reworked performance valve body
Torrington thrust bearing kit
OD servo piston
Snap ring-overdrive DIR CL WAVE
Overdrive band
Bushing kit
Reverse servo piston and cover
Accumulator piston-direct
New 1-2 accumulator spring and upper/lower piston housing
New 2-3 accumulator spring/piston
New standard oil pan and filter
New shifting linkage and actuator
New speed sensor
Additional external tranny cooler line filter that is slotted for heat exchanging
New gear selector shift modual
All new VSS connectors
A Kooler Kleen flush

Attachments

• transmission2qm5.jpg
    transmission2qm5.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 137