Perfect car to compliment the S197 Mustang?

Power4

May 10, 2004
Rochester, NY
So I'm thinking about purchasing a second car to use as a daily driver and winter vehicle. I thought it'd be fun to see what everyone on here recommends as a good car to go with the Mustang. So what's everyone suggest?

Personally I'm looking at a Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT with a 5 speed manual, or possibly an Evo X or the new 2010 Fusion Sport with AWD. All would be good winter cars but I'm not sure what would "go best" with my Mustang...

• Sponsors (?)

I have my 90 LX 5.0 and my Eddie Bauer Explorer AWD 5.0 They are both the perfect compliment. :nice:

DSC00401.jpg

DSC00703.jpg

Nick

Sounds like everyone wants you to go midsized SUV.
I love the new Subarus... The AWD is pretty fun :nice:
It still gets good MPG and handles great in the snow.
I would get something like a 4WD truck or SUV.... or an AWD car.
The fusion sounds nice too :D

I have an 08 fusion and it's not too bad of a car with the v6 and 6 speed auto...I had an 06 explorer before that with the 4.6 and 6 speed auto and it was decent too. I'd go f150 or some sort of full size though. That's just me.

3216139265_ff3676c196_b.jpg

3216992772_ece3f8df56_b.jpg

Another Mustang? At least keep it a Ford.

Haha, I've been seriously considering getting a second Mustang as well and having one be the cold weather Mustang. If I could find a S197 Bullitt or if the 2010 Mustangs aren't too weird looking in person then it's a possibility.

How about waiting for the new Tarus SHO? 360 HP with 36 Hwy MPG!
Dan

Too expensive for a Taurus and too big. It's an awesome car but I'd prefer something Mustang sized or smaller unless I get a pickup.

If the SVT Raptor ends up being affordable then I'd definitely go with that hands-down :flag:

2010-Ford-F-150-Raptor-SVT-3.jpg

i want a volkswagen gti. or a mercury marauder. or a lightning. alot of infinitis and lexus' and etc are really nice. i know they aren't really the same category but i like the luxury of them.

those aren't ideal for some though. with the weather we get around here, since it never really gets bad all those are manageable.

I'm pretty happy with my choice for my Mustang's stable mate. Though, my Mustang is the daily driver and the Marauder is the project car. Still, *I* think they look good together, but I'm biased. :cool:

Just when I was reading the title I was thinking 05+ Subaru Legacy GT. They are pretty bad cars. The 2.5 turbo motor is stout, they look good. There just isn't anything I dont like about them.

As a side note I just drove a 05 WRX STI that a friend of mine owns dyno's 493hp and 48Xlb ft to the wheels. It was pretty sweet to say the least.

My daily is a 98 VW Jetta TDI, had it since new. Yes it's a Turbo (90HP) 40-50 MPG. The Mustang always feels scary fast after driving the diesel. Dont get another sports car as a daily, it will take something away from the stang.

i gots me a 2000 grand cherokee, and 99 Exploder...4wd SUV or a PICKUP is nice it has that extra weight and clearance in deep snow/slush/ice (i live in maine) Even AWD Subarus cant always clear a snowplow ridge at the end of a drive way...