Performance Products Typhoon...

Anyone using the Performance Products Typhoon intake on a 94-95GT. If so let me know what you think. Ive seen it in a test or twoin MM&FF on FoxBody 5.0's and its always done "fairly well" but for the price it seemed hard to beat. If anyone has any input just let me know.

Thanks,

Vince

• Sponsors (?)

i am currently using a typhoon lower and upper. i haven't dynoed it yet and i may go to a victor efi intake instead if i don't like the torque curve. i don't really care though if it doesn't flow that great above 5000 rpm because i almost never drive in that range anyway. i am building a 100% street car. i want torque from 2500-4500

the upper is the same for both a 351 and a 302

i am currently using a typhoon lower and upper. i haven't dynoed it yet and i may go to a victor efi intake instead if i don't like the torque curve. i don't really care though if it doesn't flow that great above 5000 rpm because i almost never drive in that range anyway. i am building a 100% street car. i want torque from 2500-4500

the upper is the same for both a 351 and a 302

Hehe, ditto here, I am using it on my new engine. I'll find out. Should be more than fine for a 302 though if we are using it on 400+c.i.!

Also, mine is going to be ported but it doesn't have to be.

i put one on my car with stock heads, cam etc. my bolt ons were cat back and o/r x pipe, cai, pullies, msd box. along with the typoon i added 65mm tb, 24lb injectors and 76mm c&l mass air. i noticed a huge change in power starting about 2000 and the car pulls much harder up to 6000rpm. i got it used on ebay for like 250 bucks.

What year is your car fastgt and how does your ecu handle those mods?

its a 94gt, completely stock engine and heads with 135,000 miles. the car runs great. i did have to play with the idle on the throttle body a little bit to get it to idle right. other than that it runs good. i could use an adjustable fuel pressure regulator on it. the plugs read a little rich.