Pi or not?

• Sponsors (?)

My NPI has an aluminum coolant crossover... You can tell by the first runner after the crossover. If its on the driver side its PI and if its on the passenger side its NPI. If you have them out of the car its very easy to tell. If you search you can find pictures that have them side by side.

PI Intake

9424p46.jpg

Non-PI Intake w/AL crossover
40151d1203805557-do-i-have-pi-intake-new-style-non-pi.jpg

BTW, 99-00 PI intakes had the plastic crossover, but most hopefully have been changed to the AL style...so there are plastic and AL versions of both intakes

IIRC, the non-pi intake has a deep hole in the intake between the runners for 6 & 7, where it's just a flat spot on a pi intake. I think you can see it in those pics, just to the right of where the intake elbow mounts.

PI intake had long bottem, NPI intake had short bottem. if some one tell you they had pi intake on their 96-98 gt, look at the bottem of the intake to indentify its pi or npi, long is pi, short is npi.

guy try to sell me the gt and told me its had pi engine, first I look at it, and its was npi intake, second oil cap was on the driver side, pi oil cap support to be on passenger side, correct me if im wrong on that.