Pic of my hood...finally done.

dolfan87

Founding Member
Dec 28, 2000
Lake Havasu, AZ
OK, some of you know the misery I was going through with the paint on my hood. Well I have finally got it done!! Here is a pic, and my avtar has been changed for the first time in the three+ years I have been on Stangnet.

Also, since Total Control dropped the ball on my upper control arm order, my uncle and I have come up with a nice design on both the UCA'a and the LCA's. I didn't want to have to build my own, but TCP left me with no choice. :notnice:

When ours are done, I will post a pic or two of them.

Let me know what you think of the hood!

hood full1.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

dolfan87 said:
Also, since Total Control dropped the ball on my upper control arm order, my uncle and I have come up with a nice design on both the UCA'a and the LCA's. I didn't want to have to build my own, but TCP left me with no choice. :notnice:

Not liking the Global West? BTW, Hood looks very nice.

Yo Buddy! I haven't seen you on here in forever. Hood looks killer! How's the Band coming along? You know I still haven't put that window regulator in. I've moved to atlanta, it came with me, the car is back together, but the reg is still in the same wrapper you sent it in. Good to hear from you. Glad you are progressing on the car. :D

clev357 said:
Yo Buddy! I haven't seen you on here in forever. Hood looks killer! How's the Band coming along? You know I still haven't put that window regulator in. I've moved to atlanta, it came with me, the car is back together, but the reg is still in the same wrapper you sent it in. Good to hear from you. Glad you are progressing on the car. :D

Band is doing great...maybe a little too good as I don't have any more weekends to myself. But I guess that comes with the territory huh? You can check out the website, www.outofruin.com

Hey, I am glad you at least HAVE a regulator!! You'll put it in one of these days, and everything will be bitchin. ;)

paul302 said:
man, that hood looks great. do you have a side pic? what scoop is that?

I don't really have any side shots. I would go take one, but after I snapped the shots the other day, I put the hood away and wrapped it up. I don't want to have to paint it a 8th time.

That is just the standard 69/70 Mach scoop.

candy-a-Mach1 said:
SWEET....

I've been debating about the paint on my '69 Mach 1 wether to do the black in the original matt texture, or gloss with full clear coat. You helped me make up my mind

I fought over that as well. I went the gloss route simple because it was easier to take care of, and it looks really nice shiny.