Pic request: your stang on 17s

+1 for the 17's

The following comments are not directed at anyone here so don't bother responding as if I was writing to you directly, I wasn't.

If I was young and trying to impress someone besides myself then I probably go for the Escalade look and put some "yo them's some big azz chrome rims yo" sized wheels on my car.

As it is I'm not young, could care less what anyone besides me thinks about how my car looks and Im all about going fast. That's also why my car isn't lowered and probably never will be. Big rims = slower ET's, them's the facts as they say.

• Sponsors (?)

I was having this debate with myself all day. Ive come to realize that I really want a set of FR-500's, deep dish in the rear... Then I started thinking about 17's or 18's... With 17's I can keep my tires that are on there now, which make it alot more likely that I can get the wheels $ wise. The stocker 17's on there now look fine because the car is lowered. Stepping up to 18's also throws performance off a little, and tires get more expensive.

Some very nice pics you guys are posting up, its making me want to go with 17's.

Think black with a polished or chrome lip FR-500's would look good on a white GT?

derek02gt said:
your cars look clean and all buddy but it also looks like my sister's tahoe..unless 17inch and 4x4's is the new look?i dunno.?

I would rather spend the cash on go fast stuff than lowering the car...guess thats why mine is still 4x4:D

GT02MG said:
I would rather spend the cash on go fast stuff than lowering the car...guess thats why mine is still 4x4:D
I thought the exact same way until I finally installed my H&R sport springs (had been sitting in my closet for a year, $125 Ebay special) last weekend. It does so much for the look of the car :nice:

That said, I still prefer GO before show, but you gotta compromise somewhere. Thats why Im getting 18" rims for the street and 15x8 Weld Pro-Stars for the track :nice:

GT02MG said:
Nah screw that the money spent on springs will get me gears:rlaugh:
thats why you gotta look for deals man. I got brand new H&R Sports and FRPP 4.10s for a grand total of $225. Hell the springs are going for that much by themselves, as are the gears at a lot of vendors. Cheapest Ive seen FRPP 4.10s are $189. (price of those things skyrocketed as soon as I got my GT:nonono: )

Id never spend $225 just to lower my car, but at the time I had the money and thought what the hell, if I dont install them I can always sell them for $175-$200 and make money off them. :shrug: A year later I dont miss the $125 I spent, and my car looks a lot better.

rgeeezy said:
hey green six i juss ordered black fr500's 17x10x5 and 17x9. how do you like your wheels??? are you on any springs. i have the eibach pro kit and i was wondering if i should go lower but i wanna make sure i dont have any problems with rubbing. right now i have 18x9.5 all around and my fronts rub the inner fender.

Stock ride height, 17x10.5 and 17x9, but I believe the machs are a tad lower than GTs to start with. Depending on tires you may have to flip the quad but I didn't have to.