Picked up my QA1 K-Member

What about a 393???

Man Vib, I just read through all these posts.....This thread really moved fast.

I still have awhile to go yet, but after seeing the 5.0 Mag article on the Snow Meth Inj kit, it's gonna be hard for me to wanna ditch the Vortech. Remember I can do the nice long tubes on the car due to the AODE, so I will be at a disadvantage on motor only unless I go with a 351 based stroker.

I have to work this weekend, or else I would drop by....I thought you were headed out to Moroso.

RC

• Sponsors (?)

94GTLaserRC said:
What about a 393???

Man Vib, I just read through all these posts.....This thread really moved fast.

I still have awhile to go yet, but after seeing the 5.0 Mag article on the Snow Meth Inj kit, it's gonna be hard for me to wanna ditch the Vortech. Remember I can do the nice long tubes on the car due to the AODE, so I will be at a disadvantage on motor only unless I go with a 351 based stroker.

I have to work this weekend, or else I would drop by....I thought you were headed out to Moroso.

RC

Get a 306 long rod motor and put the Vortech back on. If you click on the link in my sig of Jason's car you find it makes 600HP out of a 306/Vortech combo.

VibrantRedGT said:
Get a 306 long rod motor and put the Vortech back on. If you click on the link in my sig of Jason's car you find it makes 600HP out of a 306/Vortech combo.
Still got time to think about it...but yeah, a low-comp 306 with Meth inj is not out of the question.

Back to the topic...I know this sounds :stupid: but what is the adv of that K-member other than less weight?

RC

D&D, UPR, etc. are pretty cheap. The ones that cost some $ are Maximum Motorsports and Griggs. I had the Griggs unit with A arms and man was that sweet.

Looks good. Glad you are back in the game. I too was out for a while but thats just how things go.

Yea I'll post as many pics as I can. Right now I have the stock motor disassembled. The block is in the engine bay. Waiting for my friend with the lift. Then the engine bay is getting sanded, primed and painted. By then the motor should be here. I was planning on installing my K-member tomorrow but without the lift I'm dead in the water. I may get impatient and go buy one tomorrow.

VibrantRedGT said:
The ability to work on the car without a crap load of metal in the way. Clearance issues are gone. Installing long tube headers or working on the exhaust is a snap. Suspension geometry is improved.

It was my understanding that the QA1 didn't change the geometry as it was just a light-weight copy of the stocker. That is why I went with the Maximum Motorsports piece...

bjl95mustang said:
My qa1 set the tires forward a litle bet and now they are centered with the well.

Cool. I haven't installed my MM piece yet, I've got a lot of work as I ordered the Maximum Grip box from them.

Honestly I didn't buy for it suspension geometry. I bought it because I'm tired of busting my knuckles. Also it's a cleaner look.

I know what you mean. The stock piece looks like ass and takes up a lot of space.