Picking new harmonic balancer, on budget

281pony

Aug 31, 2003
Oly, WA
mod money is low after the last few weekends. i need some stuff at summit, and came across this; Ford Racing M-6316-M50 - Ford Racing Crankshaft Damper Assemblies – SummitRacing.com

its a stock bottom end, trickflow h/c/i, all bolt-ons, ect. my stocker is getting wobbly. i want to replace this asap, is that as good as any for the $$ or am i better off with another brand?

needs to be carried at summit or my local autozone/shucks type store. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Go with another brand. The non-SFI FRPP balancers are just stock replacements, so you could have the same issue as a stock one would down the road. I was going to send you a link to the Pioneer SFI model that I run, but I can't seem to navigate through Summit's new site and find it. I swear, I'm going to start shopping with Jegs because of the change. :nonono:

The Professional Products balancer I bought from 50resto many moons ago has held up quite nicely and the numbers are VERY easy to read when setting the timing. I think I paid around $80 for it at the time, and it's worth every penny. :nice:

I bought a Pioneer for my old 306 years ago and it held up well. Only catch was mine started to get surface rust cause I didn't clear it before I installed it. :notnice:

I just picked one up from my work at Advance auto parts for $50, they have pioneer too, why not just do that, with summit you pay 10 bucks for handling too.