Comp timing chain
Ported lower intake
Silver powdercoated valve covers

here are a couple pics of the engine with the valve covers powdercoated:

img1946pp6.jpg

img1948uf1.jpg

And here's an idle video :banana:

http://media.putfile.com/Cammed-95-Cobra

Let me know what you guys think! I was hopin to get new seats before Carlisle, but the funds just weren't there.

• Sponsors (?)

Very nice.... :drool: How's it feel on the butt dyno?

I'm guessing around 40ish rwhp. The ports on the lower intake are soooo small from the factory, so I think opening them up really helped take advantage of the new cam. I'm really happy with the cam so far, nice power increase and very streetable. :nice:

I hope to find a set of headers (hopefully L/T's!) at Carlisle in the swap meet, that would really open things up. I'm currently running the stock headers right now, I just can't bring myself to pay new price for headers, so I've been lookin for a good deal on a used set.

http://www.redlinetuning.com/

I have the black ones on mine, beats all holy hell out of the uber gay hood prop.

Yea they're from redline tuning. I went with the stainless ones so I wouldn't have to worry about any rust or anything, plus they add a nice little bling lol.

They beat the hell out of the prop rod when you're workin on the motor! I spent a good 6-8 hours helping get the car back together the day I went to pick it up (he was behind schedule on it due to a broken front driver's side lower intake bolt, infamous for breaking on these motors), and let me tell you I woulda been cussing like crazy if I was snaking around that stupid prop rod the whole time.

Looks great Dan. Looks like they put it all back together okay, huh? I would be nervous with someone else working on my car. Not that they wouldn't do a good job, I would just be scared.

When I had my stock Cobra VC I had them JetHot coated. Looked really good. When I sold them, I got $176 on Ebay, hard to believe but its true. My new VC only cost $129 on ebay.

Thanks Tom!

I took the STB, Radiator cover, and fuse box cover off to avoid any scratches. I trust the guy who did it, he is a die hard mustang guy and he even kept the dust off the car while it was in the shop with a California duster lol. I still had some cleaning and re-arranging to do (like plug wires and such) to get it back up to my standards...which happen to be much more picky than most people lol.

I was still nervous about having someone work on my car, other than paint work, I do everything myself. Degreeing the cam, setting up the valve springs, etc... required specialty tools and experience, both of which I don't have. The same guy was the one who did the custom exhaust for me, he has a 10 second big block 84 mustang, tubbed, caged, and sprayed...so I trusted that he knows his stuff.

Yeah, I figured he was pretty trustworthy. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't implying that you shouldn't have taken it to someone, I knew that it had to be someone you trusted. When it comes to valvetrain and such, it is definately its own art form and needs to be done right. Its pretty cool to have a guy you can trust, they are easy to come by.

the crane 2031 cam is pretty good. i'm happy with it, except when i installed it. the cam kit was put together poorly with the spring locks. besides that, driveability is great.

i love the lopey idle.

what size pushrods did you guys put in?

Question: I know the SN95's are particular w/cam swaps due to the funky computer. Any tuning "issues?"

It wouldn't idle at first, obviously. We turned the timing up to 14*, then adjusted the air bleed screw on the tb until the car would idle, then everything was good. I did some more adjusting to the air bleed screw a couple days later to get rid of the hanging idle. The air bleed screw essentially creates a vacuum leak and the car idles up some, but if you open it too far the idle comes down VERY slow lol.

what size pushrods did you guys put in?

wow wow wow

Car is pure perfection.

I'm not kidding, that is the best sounding exhaust note I have ever heard.

Thanks alot man, I've been through 3 mid pipes and 3 catbacks to find the sound I wanted and I think I finally have it. If I get a set of LT's I'm gonna stick with a prochamber, much smoother than an O/R H and less raspy than an X.