Pics of 2005 Mustang from 7/16/04

• Sponsors (?)

SVTdriver said:
Just curious (And part smart a**). But what would a "real" engine cover be? That the fake one is not.

:shrug:

I don't believe in any extra 'covers' of any kind that aren't needed or don't have a function other than aesthetics. The same goes for fake scoops, etc. that are all over my '98 cobra. The new car is a much more mature design, and doesn't need to be propped up with fake crap. That's all I meant.

I agree with Ryan. Gadgets = very good thing, people love that stuff even if they will never touch it. I wish I had a fancier looking center console in my current Mustang, but there's no way I'm going aftermarket, just ends up looking cheaper IMO. There are other cars around the GT's price level that offer similar performance and many more luxury features stock, with others available as options for those who want them. Even if they just offered everything as options, it would definately attract more people.

ryanrule said:
because people like those kind of things, even if they dont know how to use them. most people dont get aftermarket stuff. makes the car look a bit higher class too

But as with most other aftermarket audio equipement. You could likely find better at a better price. I don't buy people don't get aftermarket stuff. If they really have to have navigation. They'll buy it aftermarket and save money. And learn to use it. I would say a fair amount of mustang owners change out the stereo systems. So why should it be any different. Yes Ford's stereos are getting better. But you can usually do better aftermarket. While navigation is not important to me. If it was, I would go aftermarket and pick the best one available. Not hope that I got an adequate one from Ford as an option.

SVTdriver said:
But as with most other aftermarket audio equipement. You could likely find better at a better price. I don't buy people don't get aftermarket stuff. If they really have to have navigation. They'll buy it aftermarket and save money. And learn to use it. I would say a fair amount of mustang owners change out the stereo systems. So why should it be any different. Yes Ford's stereos are getting better. But you can usually do better aftermarket. While navigation is not important to me. If it was, I would go aftermarket and pick the best one available. Not hope that I got an adequate one from Ford as an option.

how many actually change stuff out? is it even 5 percent?

ryanrule said:
how many actually change stuff out? is it even 5 percent?

Well if we are speaking in my experience. More than 50% of the mustangs I am around have new stereo components. And of the others that have stock stuff. Some are planning what they want to put in. Now as far as in general is concerned. I don't think you or I could speak factually about that. But from my exp. I think only 1 or 2 want nav in their stang. So not exactly a popular option.

Yes I do hangout with mustang people who modify their cars. I understand that there are people who don't. There are a lot of people who use their car as just transportation. But I also don't think that enough people are opting for navigation to need to make it an option. It is a fun little device. But as I and others have stated before. If you can read a map or plan your drive. You just don't need it. I look up where Iam going and make notes. Or I know it's totally going against the guy code. But I ask for directions. It's simple and cheap for the very few timesI need it.

Geeze this is a mustang, not a freekin BMW.The object of the stang is to get the most bang for the buck, not to be the luxury car of your dreams. :rolleyes: Nice pics BTW, it grows on me every time I see it...but I am still glad I went ahead and bought my 04 GT.