Pics of finished 05 gauge project

alanw6

Dec 19, 2002
memphis, TN
Since I'm usually in the 5.0 forums, most of you won't know me, but I do a good amount of custom work on mustangs. A few years back, I came up with a concept for pillar gauge pods that was an alternative for the "slip-cover" pillars on the market.

Inevitably, with the new stang came requests for a new version of my pillar. Finally got some installed pics in my email tonight from a friend who just added a Saleen blower to his 05.

I'm really pleased, what do you think?

pod2.jpg

pod1.gif

• Sponsors (?)

I like the look and placement. I've seen another kit that sat on the center of the dash but I think those would be hard to see in that location. Just curious about why another fuel guage? I think I would have gone boost and oil pressure or temp.

Power4 said:
Do they get in the way of visibility at all? They look good but I think the kind that are directly in line with the A pillar look a little less intrusive.

I understand your viewpoint, but have you been in a car with the "inline" pods? They are actually more intrusive by far, reaching out well past the steering wheel as they ride up the pillar. I would be afraid to hit my head on a gauge in an accident with them that close to my face.

Crewwolfy, glad it didn't blow you out the water. It's supposed to look factory. If it was supposed to be "HEY LOOK AT ME" it would have been done in body color or carbon fiber or something wild. Thanks for the kind words.

Hopefully I'll have some more/better pics to share soon, so you can get a better idea of the big picture.

Actually, if you chromed the rings, it'd tie in really well with the dash. I personally like the satin, and chrome above the dash will probably reflect a lot of light. So realistically it wouldn't work, but it'd be great artistically...

crewwolfy said:
Actually, if you chromed the rings, it'd tie in really well with the dash. I personally like the satin, and chrome above the dash will probably reflect a lot of light. So realistically it wouldn't work, but it'd be great artistically...
you can buy different gauges that have a chrome ring......

Agreed with you two guys on the gauges. If it were my 05 mustang, I would have bought the Autometer Nexus gauges without blinking an eye. They have selectable colors so you could get a nice match with the IUP dash lighting. Now THAT would be killer.

Plus, the Nexus rings are a little more polished than those shown.

alanw6 said:
Since I'm usually in the 5.0 forums, most of you won't know me, but I do a good amount of custom work on mustangs. A few years back, I came up with a concept for pillar gauge pods that was an alternative for the "slip-cover" pillars on the market.

Inevitably, with the new stang came requests for a new version of my pillar. Finally got some installed pics in my email tonight from a friend who just added a Saleen blower to his 05.

I'm really pleased, what do you think?

[

I think it's much nicer than the autometer 2 pod a pillar unit. How soon before you'll have these ready for sale?

i realy never liked that kind of pod

just looks to me like you simply screwed one of the gauge cups to the pillar.

the materials look nice and all I just don't like that designe.

would prefer the molded in cup or the center dash mount

1fastz said:
i realy never liked that kind of pod

just looks to me like you simply screwed one of the gauge cups to the pillar.

the materials look nice and all I just don't like that designe.

would prefer the molded in cup or the center dash mount

Can't plesae everyone, and that's cool with me. If only it was as simple as screwing something to the pillar. That's not the case however.

CDC, Saleen, Autometer all have varieties for your car. At least there are options. This is simply another one. :nice: