Pics of my now 5 year old project

alanw6

Dec 19, 2002
memphis, TN
December 2002 is when this 1992 LX 5.0 hatch pulled into my garage, a pretty clean one-owner car with 96,000 miles, bone stock to the air silencer. Joined Stangnet that week, I believe.

Walking inside from the ride home after picking it up, I went online and ordered a Vortech S-trim kit. From there, as many of you can relate, it all went downhill from there...

Since then, I've been through every inch of this car. Modded it as best as I could afford, and cut no corners whenever it was under the knife. Now, I have the car I dreamed of having back in 1992. H/C/I/S-trim, full bolt ons and a little suspension work are the main things, along with a nice stereo system. A streetable, quick car is what I wanted to build, and the results make me pretty happy.

Santa brought a new camera, so I figured I'd venture out and take a few pics of my car while I toyed with the zillion settings. Found my photo skills are weak, but a few shots do the car some justice (even without a proper washing!). Thought I'd share:

213643.jpg

213641.jpg

213640.jpg

I'm beginning to wonder "what's next?", as this project is wrapping up for me. No major mods planned, as my cash is going elsewhere these days. Just plan to drive it and enjoy it for while. :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Id like to see the inside and some engine whoring pretty please :)
BTW, I really like how she has turned out. Its cool you got a project like that and stayed with it for five years:nice:

Id like to see the inside and some engine whoring pretty please :)
BTW, I really like how she has turned out. Its cool you got a project like that and stayed with it for five years:nice:

Thanks. It definitely didn't see 5 years of solid work or use, that's for sure. Six months after I got the stang, I started my own business. That "project" keeps me on my toes.

Here's a few shots of the engine/interior. Pics are older, but nothing much is changed as of today. The gauge pod on the dash is about to be replaced with a new version, that's about all the planned mods for now.

Shot by a friend, my "prettiest" engine photo:

61075.jpg

Not long after the new engine (2006), only thing I notice different from now is my aluminum radiator was not installed.

55189.jpg

Another shot by my friend, of the stereo system in the hatch floor:

61072.jpg

Last two are shots of the interior/stereo/gauge layout and my door panel build-outs:

The radio panel is now black, not silver, as is the ashtray switch panel. Looks better in black, IMO.

radio_area.jpg

passenger_door_final.jpg

Hope you like the pics!

maybe some clear weather pics would do it a bit more justice. great job!

Definitely plan to get out and shoot some pics in better weather. I'd been dying to take some pics since I opened the camera on Christmas, so weather be damned I struck out today!

A cloudy, near raining afternoon at sunset probably wasn't the best conditions for an extreme N0o=B photographer! :nonono:

That looks great man - nice work.

I just bought my 92 GT in August and am starting to get into it. I had plans for the trunk like yours. Did you raise the floor up to recess the amps and sub?

I also like the custom door panel that eliminated the map pockets - those things suck!!