Pics of the Mach 1 brake kit

joshheat25

Nov 8, 2004
Delaware
Here are some pictures of the Mach 1 brake upgrade kit. Braking did improve from the stock setup. I feel like I use less pedal to brake just as hard. I still need to get the car painted... and I am cleaning up my old calipers and am going to sell them. I was thinking about putting them up on e-bay and having the buyer let me know what color they want everything painted.

http://forums.stangnet.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=53308&stc=1&d=1201721303

attachment.php

• Sponsors (?)

Yea I only did the fronts. I am going to paint the rears calipers and rear rotor hats to match and also paint a little into the front rotor where the brake pad doesn't make contact when it gets warm out. I bought the kit off of www.buyfordracing.com they have a special on the kit for 350 plus 40 shipping. I like the the way it turned out. The only thing I wouldn't mind trying is painting the caliper silver instead of red.

They are the same PBR calipers. If you want to pay $250 more for the Baer logo on the caliper and fancier rotors than go for it :)

Yea just another overpriced company! lol Thanx for the info I like the kit the only thing is that the brake pad doesn't cover the whole rotor I am assuming that the kit isn't like that on the mach 1's and cobras. When it gets warm I'm going to paint it with some high temp paint.

Nope that's how it is on the Mach's and Cobras.

These brakes originally came on C4 corvettes in 1988...and it's the same way for them.

There is no need to contact the inner portion. You get more leverage the further away from center. I agree, it does look ugly though

Nope that's how it is on the Mach's and Cobras.

These brakes originally came on C4 corvettes in 1988...and it's the same way for them.

There is no need to contact the inner portion. You get more leverage the further away from center. I agree, it does look ugly though

lol yea really ugly! why doesn't brembo make the rotor surface smaller? and have a definite line so you can paint to the rotor hat. ahh ... I didn't know that fact! Is that saying our fords technology is behind chevy? lol j/k .. but now there is starting to be a groove in the rotor so taping it off to paint it will be easier come spring. I am def. using paint that will take over 1500 deg.