Pinging after Headswap!!

CanadaStang

Sep 7, 2003
Mb
I did the headswap using new Ford parts, I've put on 500kms and it ran great. Last night I took off my Mac CAI and put the stock intake on minus the snorkle.I had the AIT sensor hanging on the fenderwell and put it in the stock intake. I also have a K&N filter. Well this morning I noticed that there is pinging if I roll on the gas at 100kph. What the heck is wrong???? I'm using 91 octane.

• Sponsors (?)

That sucks. I responded to your thread in 4.6. Mine has been fine but i have other Issues, O2 sensors not working, which may be helping mine not to ping. Sorry to hear that. What does a ping sound like? Is it like misfiring?

TweekedGT said:
That sucks. I responded to your thread in 4.6. Mine has been fine but i have other Issues, O2 sensors not working, which may be helping mine not to ping. Sorry to hear that. What does a ping sound like? Is it like misfiring?
I was thinking about PM ing you to see if you ever had this problem but you saw my thread before I had chance.
It's not very loud, just kind of a small rattly noise, just as I ease on the gas peddle at 100kms, in 4th and 5th, it only does it for about 5 seconds and then once the car speeds up, I can't hear it anymore. It doesn't miss or anything, it actually runs great accept for that. Seems odd that it would start doing it now and not before, if it was b/c of the higher compression.Kinda got me stumped. I'm going out of town till Thursday, and then I guess I'll tackle it again when I get back.
I'm glad yours is working good, I'll keep you posted if I figure something out.

Well I got it to stop pinging. I put the CAI back on, and hung the IAT sensor back in the bender well and it runs good again. The CAI doesn't go into the fender , so not sure why it would make a differance, must be b/c of having the IAC in the fender well. Strange!!