Pinion angle on lowered car????

I'm running the Maximum Motorsports double adjustable upper control arms and the UPR solid lowers with Lakewood 50/50's and Eibach sportline springs. The rear is lowered approximatley 2" in the rear and I know I need to adjust those arms to correct any angle thats not to spec. I was planning on using a needle dial type angle finder like Lowes has, and placing it ontop of the driveshaft with the vehicle sitting up in the air on top of my 4 post alignment rack and setting it from there. Problem is I dont know what the correct angle is??????? Also I have the Eibach Prokit in the front which is only rated for a 1.2" inch drop unlike the Sportline which is 1.5" drop. I intenionally mismatched the 2 kits cause I thought I was going to put a big block in it. So ANYWAY now the front end is sitting a bit higher than the rear. Will this ever settle or will I need to change springs to the same set ?

• Sponsors (?)

As far as the pinion angle, I have heard that 2 degrees below centerline is a good setting. I just heard that from a couple auto tech teacher's I know who drag race. Not sure where they come up with that number though. As far as the ride height, I doubt that anything will change unless you change the setup. Does it look bad? I've heard that the Eiback Drag Launch kit does the same thing anyway. Unless its really noticeable I would probably just leave it as is.

you arent going to be able to measure the pinion angle by puting the guage on the drive shaft. it has to be on the rearend parallel to the pinion. on a 9'' i put it on the bottom of the housing dont know about an 8.8? maybe on the pinion yoke somehow? anyways. on a dragcar the pinion is usually between -5, and -2 degrees with leaf springs. on a street car i would go no lower than -2 and would sudgest 0 degrees- maybe +3 because the 4-link type suspension under a fox body will not allow the pinion to "roll" upward under acceleration like with leafs