Pinks with my V6

KisStang

Apr 2, 2006
Naperville IL
so a guy i know who owns a 94 vette is always giving me ***** about my v6 stang and how i always tell him i will build an engine soon and beat his vette. this blew up into an entire contest involving me racing for pink slips once i get my v8 swap done. chevyfordshowdown.com is the web page i made for it. what you guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

u better be sure to win if ur gonna race for pink slips.. build an engine with a ridiculous amount of power and then when u win just sell the vette. but imo racing for slips is stupid

how well do you know his setup, make sure he aint hiding something (read nitrous) before you agree to this. If he's stock, you've got a good chance with anything over 350 h.p. If he's not, you could get pwned, and you'll be out a stang. Thats something i'd really hate to see happen.

Better be careful, bone stock those Vettes have 300 hp. If this guy is a racer, you can bet he hasn't left his Vette stock. I'd find out some more about what his car will do. Also an Explorer's 5.0 is not set up the same as a Mustang's. I don't know all the specifics, but a Mustang's 5.0 is more set up for performance than an Explorer's. There are differences. I love Mustangs, but I really like Vettes too, and you gotta respect their performance. I'd say make sure your car can get well into the 13's in the 1/4 mile, just for starters.

Right after i read this i looked at an old car craft. Guy had a totally bone stock looking vette that actually ran low 9's. Not saying this guy does, but that was a 79 vette, and those werent very fast bone stack. The 94 was. Be careful down there in b-town, i saw some stuff down there that made my car look silly.

I`d say DON`t Do it, His Vette is at least 300HP Stock+the Shifting and Torque will leave you Far far away.......I have both cars(It`s not a V8 but still) The power difference and the Structure of the Vette is very well built(race minded) so It`s up to you, But since your car was FREE you might give it a try-"EASY COME-EASY GO"

P.S. I might have a '01 V6 For sale soon............:D

there is no vette thats stock doing a 9 second pass period...unless its a Lingenfelter Corvette Edition which is twin turbo and also wasn't made in the 70's... the 2002 Lingenfelter was said to run 9.24 ina 1/4 mile....a 2002 stock C5 vette may not even hook good enough into the high 12's at times...anyways a 94 Vette wether a LT-1(14.1 auto 1/4) or ZR-1(13.1 1/4) is what your up against now these are stock times so unless your running low 12's ez then you may not have a problem but if he does have it hooked up then your going for a 11's car

KisStang said:
so a guy i know who owns a 94 vette is always giving me ***** about my v6 stang and how i always tell him i will build an engine soon and beat his vette. this blew up into an entire contest involving me racing for pink slips once i get my v8 swap done. chevyfordshowdown.com is the web page i made for it. what you guys think?
Do you even know what's all involved in a V6 to V8 conversion? :)

Saleen311 said:
seriously. you'd almost be better of trading it in. unless your car is paid for and you have a 04 Cobra donor in the back yard then go for it.

I have had people at the Ford garage that does a lot of hot rod and Ford Racing stuff say the same thing. Once I was wanting to swap in a crate V8. They said you'd be better off just buying a used V8 car. It would cost about the same, if not less, and be far quicker and less stressful. Basically when you swap from V6 to V8 you have to pretty much gut your car and upgrade everything, from electronics to exhaust to transmission, then hope it passes emissions tests. I have pretty much given up on that idea. I'll run that V6 till it dies, then store it until I can afford to make it a project car with painted engine compartment and lots of chrome.. it'll be a weekends-and-shows-only car. For everyday use, just buy a second V8 car.

I would go get yourself a late model supercharged SVT drivtrain, out of a Cobra, Lightning or Harley F150. then you've got a good base to start with. change the pulley on the charger and you're makin some power, then make that thing hook and you're golden. good luck

its just a buck

the money thing i think is going to be more for if i get on pinks and sell advertising for the side of my car. as for the V8 swap, i saw that clip of a v6 doing a 10:98 or somthing and i was like damn, maybe it would be cheaper to get some junk yard turbo's and maybe just send the heads off to thumper. then maybe a cam and better intake and i might be set. well i would probably get a 100 shot just to make sure. thanks for the support on this forum, the V8 mustang forums just cracked on me and told me i could never do it. but i know the kid i am racing dosnt know crap about cars. he was telling the mods he had and included the computer chip ... lol i would have just advanced the timing for free.

why don't you sell the V6 and buy a V8 car? To me, it seems like you are all about building this power monster but are not thinking about the big picture.sn-95 cars are heavy and would need a good ammount of power to really fly and kick a vettes ass. Just think about how many little damn parts you would have to buy to make that V6 into a V8 when you could sell that V6 for a GT. I could go ahead and start you a list of crap you would need if you build an efi . Here's a start:

8.8 or 9 inch rear
axles
ring gear
wheels
tires
K member
fuel system
springs
guages
tranny
drive shaft
headers
new computer
injectors
new wiring harness
V8 block
fancy or ported heads
rockers
suped up intake
throttle body
mass air
02 sensors
water pump
alt.
radaitor
new ignition set up
oil pan
you get the idea by now....

You talked about turbos and junk...... Starting to see why it could be better to start off with a V8. My advice is to follow the crowd and buy a fox body mod tehcrap out of it. Doesn't take much to make that go. Unless you just have to do a swap in THAT car.......good luck to ya.

RFMustangGT said:
8.8 or 9 inch rear
axles
ring gear
wheels
tires
K member
fuel system
springs
guages
tranny
drive shaft
headers
new computer
injectors
new wiring harness
V8 block
fancy or ported heads
rockers
suped up intake
throttle body
mass air
02 sensors
water pump
alt.
radaitor
new ignition set up
oil pan
you get the idea by now....

with due respect, half of that list is *unecessary*. Desired? yes. Needed? no.

If its kept simple. IE CARBED powerplant and nitrous... the entire swap can be done for less than a grand.

We took a 4 cylinder fairmont and turned into a 7.8 sec 1/8 mile car for just $1,200. Granted, a fairmont IS a foxbody but that point is: You dont NEED to spend a lot of money to run good times. I know that point will be argued, but hey its the net. I've got proof in my driveway :rolleyes: