Pioneer avh x1500AHX/DVD

white avenger

Jul 6, 2012
I just bought this radio for my 2001 Mustang with the idea (honestly!) that my granddaughter could watch movies when we travel, only to find out that the DVD doesn't work unless the parking brake is engaged. I've watched several videos about other Pioneer models that say that the bypass kits are a waste of time and money, and all that has to be done is to ground the wire that would normally go to the brake switch. Has anyone here had any success in doing this with this model? Obviously, the place where I bought the radio can't or won't give me ant advice for legal reasons, and this is too big an investment for me to take the chance of burning it up just because I did something wrong.

• Sponsors (?)

Makes complete sense to me, that you can ground it out and the radio would read that the parking brake was on, all the time. I have no experience with this, so take this as a grain a sand. However, if you are going to attempt this, just be sure you have the right wire...double check...triple check. When you ground it out, it would complete the circuit, therefore making the head unit register the parking brake is on. Again, I have no experience with this!!!