Planning Closet reunion - Early Fall, near Cape Cod

• Sponsors (?)

WORTH said:
The good news is I bought the Cobra, the bad news is those damn bodies Fly at 85mph..................

Does anyone have some model cement???:D

I have images if you have an email addy:D

Warning images may be unsuitable for some audiences.:SNSign:

http://www.acaccess.com/pix.htm
Oh the horror of it!:eek:

Why is it, like an accident on the highway, the more gruesome it is the more difficult it is to tear your eyes away...???:eek:

btw....if you can't get the model cement, try crazy glue!:nice:

65stanger said:
Oh the horror of it!:eek:

Why is it, like an accident on the highway, the more gruesome it is the more difficult it is to tear your eyes away...???:eek:

btw....if you can't get the model cement, try crazy glue!:nice:

I didn't realize how light those bodies were, I took the slow road home, I was afraid it would take off If I took it over 45:D

chepsk8 said:
Big V-6.

More than enough grunt to tow the car at 75. Yep, Crunchsk8 & open trailer weigh in at 3400lbs, well within the truck's capacities. If I had a full trailer or heavier car, a full PU would be needed. I'm amazed I towed with the Toyota last year!
Yeesh! My old two-horse Circle J weighs more than that -empty! The three horses together have right about 3400 pounds. Then there's all the tack, feed (extended trips), and water -Tink's horse will only drink pure :p water drawn from a well on the mesa overlooking Somerton, Arizona :rolleyes:

I thnk I'll keep the full-size.

WORTH said:
The good news is I bought the Cobra, the bad news is those damn bodies Fly at 85mph..................

Does anyone have some model cement???:D
Ol' R/C flyers' trick (the flyers are old, not the trick): Get some polyurethane-based adhesive like Gorilla Glue :nice: Jig up the ruptured area, wet it down and apply the adhesive. When the goo hits the water, it bubbles up and cures muy pronto! The bubbles will fill any voids (missing chunks) and they sand down almost as easily as the surrounding fiberglass :p If any "new seams" stick out too much; we'll just start calling her Frankensk8! :rlaugh:

StangDreamin' said:
Yeesh! My old two-horse Circle J weighs more than that -empty! The three horses together have right about 3400 pounds. Then there's all the tack, feed (extended trips), and water -Tink's horse will only drink pure :p water drawn from a well on the mesa overlooking Somerton, Arizona :rolleyes:
Ya, but Dan doesn't need to take a shovel along when he trailers Cobrask8!:lol:

Worth,

Great job fixing the bod! Here's what it's replacing.....

Turn9thetruth.jpg

Enjoying the run & barbs guys! A VERY BIG thank you to Worth for getting the body.

Attachments

• Turn9thetruth.jpg
    Turn9thetruth.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 77
chepsk8 said:
Worth,

Great job fixing the bod! Here's what it's replacing.....

Turn9thetruth.jpg

Enjoying the run & barbs guys! A VERY BIG thank you to Worth for getting the body.

Y'know.....with some Liquid Nails, a turkey baster, nasal spray, a mohair sweater, and 27 (maybe 32) paperclips; I could fix that!

Attachments

• Turn9thetruth.jpg
    Turn9thetruth.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 70