Please Help Quick!!! ...fuel Pump Relay

Grabbin' Asphalt

5 Year Member
Jun 10, 2013
Atlanta, Ga
Went to change the fuel pump relay and the original Ford(old one 24yrs, color green) relay doesn't have the #5 tab on it. BUT the connector in the harness under the seat DOES have the female slot to accept the #5 male tab. My new replacement part DOES have the male tab to go into that slot. Why is this??? New BWD part #R647, numbers on relay are #913157 and 2511. WHO knows about this??!! @jrichker

• Sponsors (?)

IMAG1098.jpg
IMAG1101.jpg
IMAG1102.jpg

your harness has the tab but not the female wire connector it appears. so its useless anyway. four wires in to four tabs. all good. when i changed mine around i bought the bwd relay from advance auto and the guy there said all these relays are the same. a relay is a relay. some have extra tabs for extra options. changed other relays in the car to the fuel pump relay before i bought the new one and it worked so i guess they were right.

I called the other parts places and got them to pull the relay, they also had the 5th tab. I also read just now on a forum where a guy went and asked the ford dealership and they said it was an updated version on the same relay. Not sure if the WOT uses that extra tab. So I plugged the new one in and it works, so I guess it's all good now :nice:
I felt more comfortable after calling around and then finding some dealer info on it from another guy on a forum too.