PLEASE HELP

number41racer@h

Oct 3, 2007
:bang: i got a x-pipe w/o cats for my car..the pipe was used and came with mil eliminators.and the check engine light came on....so we got them check and it was setting off the o2 censors...so we got brand new steeda mil eliminators and it did the same thing...i was thinking since my car came with a custom tune from factory might be causing it to set them off...what do u think is wrong????plz help,any suggestions

• Sponsors (?)

I think theres no Mil Eliminators made for the S197's, not that work at least to make the check engine light shut off. You have to have a tuner to do that I believe. :shrug: Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that's just what I heard from a couple of other S197 buddies.

I think theres no Mil Eliminators made for the S197's, not that work at least to make the check engine light shut off. You have to have a tuner to do that I believe. :shrug: Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that's just what I heard from a couple of other S197 buddies.

correction they do work. i actually still have them on my car from before i got my CAI/tune. i didnt bother to turn off the O2 sensors, and i have had them on for 2 years without a single CEL.

correction they do work. i actually still have them on my car from before i got my CAI/tune. i didnt bother to turn off the O2 sensors, and i have had them on for 2 years without a single CEL.

So the Mil Eliminators do work? People had problems with the ME's on their car when they removed the cats.

ya I have an 08 and the first mod was an O/R X with mils and that didnt work so I returned the x and got a catted one NO problems yet.... I think with the 07 and up you need a tuner, at that point just a CAI with tuner package and then your O/R pipe and do it all at once, PRICEY...but at least you'll have a tuner for future uses!

I wish I would have waited, cause a week later my woman got me the C&L with tuner after I returned the O/R X pipe ! Damn the man !hahaha

ya I have an 08 and the first mod was an O/R X with mils and that didnt work so I returned the x and got a catted one NO problems yet.... I think with the 07 and up you need a tuner, at that point just a CAI with tuner package and then your O/R pipe and do it all at once, PRICEY...but at least you'll have a tuner for future uses!

I wish I would have waited, cause a week later my woman got me the C&L with tuner after I returned the O/R X pipe ! Damn the man !hahaha

Yeah, my buddy has a K&N CAI already and that didn't require a tune. He just got a Pro-chamber to go along with his Gibson exhaust but the Mil Eliminators he got with the Pro-chamber doesn't work as the guy who sold the set to him had a 05 or 06, can't remember. So 07 and 08 don't work, that sucks you guys have to buy a tuner to shut the CEL off. Oh well, at least a tuner doesn't hurt.

Nice on the C&L and Tuner kit:nice: My woman is getting me a Pypes O/R X for Xmas:nice: Thank god for wonderful women like ours:lol: You should consider getting that o/r x pipe back:D

I don't mean to be a stick in the mud, but would it be such a bad thing to run cats. It's not like they rob you of a 100 hp or anything and they have highflow unit's. I don't mean to sound dtupid or anything, but not having them is breaking the law, there on there for a reason. If we kept cats on our cars, then mill eliminiators and such wouldn't be needed and do away with the problem. I mean we have options like a pro-charger that can get us 500 hp, I don't see where running cats is that big of deal and keeps us legal. I'm not out to scold anyone, it's just a thought that came into mind as I was reading the post. As for myself, I planned on running highflow cats as we test around here and 260.00$ every 2 years is a lot to pay just not to have cats. As there's a big push by the greens to run cleaner, it's only gonna get worse.

I don't mean to be a stick in the mud, but would it be such a bad thing to run cats. It's not like they rob you of a 100 hp or anything and they have highflow unit's. I don't mean to sound dtupid or anything, but not having them is breaking the law, there on there for a reason. If we kept cats on our cars, then mill eliminiators and such wouldn't be needed and do away with the problem. I mean we have options like a pro-charger that can get us 500 hp, I don't see where running cats is that big of deal and keeps us legal. I'm not out to scold anyone, it's just a thought that came into mind as I was reading the post. As for myself, I planned on running highflow cats as we test around here and 260.00$ every 2 years is a lot to pay just not to have cats. As there's a big push by the greens to run cleaner, it's only gonna get worse.

I see what your saying man. I choose to get the o/r X because it's cheaper and sounds better, just my preference. I live in Cali but I have a DD so it won't be too bad. A tuner will fix the CEL and it seems a lot of people have tuners anyways as a mod so MILs aren't a big deal. Not everyone can afford a procharger:( I wish I could. As for the Go Green thing:shrug: We own muscle cars, nothing green about that:lol: High flow cats are good too but it's just preference of others on sound and performance.

Does anyone know for sure how much hp the cats rob, or how much hp highflow cats get you back? I didn't mean to sound like I was rich or anything, I just got my packet from pro-charger the other day, that is alot of cash. As of right now it's just something to daydream about, maybe some day. I just thought that keeping the cats would be a small price to pay to stay legal and do away with mill problems. I'm still torn between shortie and long tubes, everyone says LT. If I did go long tube, I can I still run cats and an X pipe with them and stay some what legal? I know even moving the location of the stock cats is a no no, but I'm not that much of a Duddley- Do- right.

Does anyone know for sure how much hp the cats rob, or how much hp highflow cats get you back? I didn't mean to sound like I was rich or anything, I just got my packet from pro-charger the other day, that is alot of cash. As of right now it's just something to daydream about, maybe some day. I just thought that keeping the cats would be a small price to pay to stay legal and do away with mill problems. I'm still torn between shortie and long tubes, everyone says LT. If I did go long tube, I can I still run cats and an X pipe with them and stay some what legal? I know even moving the location of the stock cats is a no no, but I'm not that much of a Duddley- Do- right.

The aftermarket hi flow cats don't rob that much hp, the stocks do of course. The off road gains you a little over the high flow cats, not by a great margin or anything, but they have a different sound between them and that's where people have the sound preference. If you have a tuner then Mils aren't a problem, which now these days a lot of people have tuners and are very popular. Long tubes aren't legal where emissions are strict. Like CA:( Stick with shorties:nice: If you can avoid trouble then get the LT's but I would prefer shorties, just my opinion.

OK, I see, it's more of a sound perference -vs- HP thing. Thanks for the advice on the shorties, we do sniff here in Lorain county. Only 7 counties sniff here in Ohio and I would have to live in one of them. Is there a perference on who makes the best shortie headers, like jba, ford racing and so on?