PLEASE HELP!!!

I was sent a message by a member on another Mustang forum that they saw my rims on CraigsList... and YUP they certainly ARE my rims!!

17" WHEELS & TIRES $395 !!! OFF A MUSTANG

The owner of the shop said that a tall skinny white kid in a black late-model Mustang with these rims on it came to the shop, sold him these rims for $100... he took them off the car... the kid bought another set, and off he went. SO!! My car isn't orange... it's BLACK.
VIN Number: 1FABP40E2KF183253

the ad says they came off a newer Mustang. "late model" to joe average in a tire shop most likely isn't a fox chassis. not saying the wheels didn't come off your car (can't two people have the same wheels inthe same area?) but I wouldn't think it was repinted black off those statements.

• Sponsors (?)

I was sent a message by a member on another Mustang forum that they saw my rims on CraigsList... and YUP they certainly ARE my rims!!

17" WHEELS & TIRES $395 !!! OFF A MUSTANG

Just can't prove it because there are no serial numbers. I mean... give me a break but whatev... The owner of the shop said that a tall skinny white kid in a black late-model Mustang with these rims on it came to the shop, sold him these rims for $100... he took them off the car... the kid bought another set, and off he went. SO!! My car isn't orange... it's BLACK. Please keep your eyes peeled because it IS still out there. THANKS!! If you see anything, hook it up!!

VIN Number: 1FABP40E2KF183253

Go get 'em Chickin!

the ad says they came off a newer Mustang. "late model" to joe average in a tire shop most likely isn't a fox chassis. not saying the wheels didn't come off your car (can't two people have the same wheels inthe same area?) but I wouldn't think it was repinted black off those statements.

The ad says one thing... the person says another. This is also what they told the detective... so don't believe what you read.

Besides... those tires are from 2004.. they don't even MAKE them anymore. So yeah.. do the math. Actually, I couldn't get them in the state... I had to get them from Arizona... so it isn't likely. AND with those tires and rims?!? The odds are astronomical!! Trust me... they are my rims and tires. The DOT numbers confirmed it as they went EXACTLY where I said they would.

Thanks!! YUP!! I think so too!! At least it's SOMETHING ya know! My hope is restored because maybe things are finally turning around! We'll see!!

I had my old 86 GT stolen about 2 years ago. It was nothing special but it had sentimental value. The cops were pretty useless so I reached out to all my friends and aquantices. Like and idiot I didn't have insurance(not street driven mainly a drag car). Well about 6 months later I got a call at 3:30 am from a cop in Santa Barbara County(2 counties away). This bad ass cop pulled the kid over and thought the the vin plate looked suspiciou cuz the vin cam back to an 87 LX but 87's were not four eyes. He checked the door jamb and saw my VIN. (Apparently this guy dropped out of car thief school). I got my car back with new tires 4800 more miles and a stereo system. So hold out hope. It could still be found. Like a previous post check at local dragstrips. Believe it or not people steal cars and sell them as race only cars. Good Luck

I had my old 86 GT stolen about 2 years ago. It was nothing special but it had sentimental value. The cops were pretty useless so I reached out to all my friends and aquantices. Like and idiot I didn't have insurance(not street driven mainly a drag car). Well about 6 months later I got a call at 3:30 am from a cop in Santa Barbara County(2 counties away). This bad ass cop pulled the kid over and thought the the vin plate looked suspiciou cuz the vin cam back to an 87 LX but 87's were not four eyes. He checked the door jamb and saw my VIN. (Apparently this guy dropped out of car thief school). I got my car back with new tires 4800 more miles and a stereo system. So hold out hope. It could still be found. Like a previous post check at local dragstrips. Believe it or not people steal cars and sell them as race only cars. Good Luck

WOW!! Great story man!! I hope that happens to me!! OOO! **prays** It is only a matter of time till he gets pulled over... I just hope the cop is smart enough or gets suspicious in some way to check it out. It would be a beautiful thing!!

So at least there is a chance the car hasn't been parted out.

But that would piss me off more!! It's one thing to steal my car and part it off cuz you want money, but to steal it and paint it so you can cruise around in it and enjoy it because you don't want to buy your own??? Wow, that makes me mad and it's not even my car!

imo id get some friends together in different cars and just start driving around within a like 20 mile radius of the tire shop. its a mustang and its stolen i can bet you he is racing it. know of any local hangouts? go there and ask if they have seen a black mustang coupe. if they happen to say yes just play it off and be like im interested in buying it. could be his friends. never know. probably some punk thats 18-28 that stole it.

we did this when my buddies GSR was stolen. we found it 6 hours later. under a car cover parked in the morons driveway.

imo id get some friends together in different cars and just start driving around within a like 20 mile radius of the tire shop. its a mustang and its stolen i can bet you he is racing it. know of any local hangouts? go there and ask if they have seen a black mustang coupe. if they happen to say yes just play it off and be like im interested in buying it. could be his friends. never know. probably some punk thats 18-28 that stole it.

we did this when my buddies GSR was stolen. we found it 6 hours later. under a car cover parked in the morons driveway.

OH MAN... what did you guys do... well besides the obvious of calling the fuzz... Holy poo!!

I did that in the beginning.. it was fruitless. I really don't know what deep end I would have gone off if I actually found it! I would go from cute to MEGA PSYCHO in 1.2 seconds!

There is a local hangout not too far from the tire shop. I have gone over there a few times but, since I drive a total POS, I have to be home before the sun goes down because I don't have headlights. I know... I know... don't ask!! My main objective after the Stang was stolen was to get back and forth to work.. and that's it! That mission was accomplished with the heap I have the pleasure of driving. I can't really do anything extra though... **sigh** I am REALLY limited. I am saving for another car but since some OTHER things have really hit the fan so I am set back yet again! **shakes head**

I will swing by there again this Friday and hand out some more flyers and talk to the Mustang guys down there... maybe show a little cleavage... batt my eyelashes... wear my skinny jeans... it might get me some help... Hopefully. What stinks is I can't hang out all night and wait to see what shows up... so I have to depend on others... which is NOT a good position to be in a situation like this. There would be no way someone else could be able to identify it better than I could. Because all I have to do is listen, and I will KNOW my car. There are also some other things which only I know and have not told ANYONE for fear the thief is monotoring these web sites. I have had that car for over 12 years and know EVERYTHING there is to know about it!! I had a wicked case of car envy and know every curve, every small detail, every quirk, what it has, doesn't have, what it's been through, etc. I even used to do some of the repairs and did tune ups on it myself not one mile over 3,000! SO yeah, I even know what it looks like from underneath. They would have to completely go through the ENTIRE car and replace EVERYTHING for me not to know it. AND yes... I have receipts for EVERYTHING little thing since I bought the car from a little old lady (no joke, I REALLY bought it from a little old lady).

SO, if you see a black Notch with STOCK 5-lug rims on it... give a little gander to the VIN numbers: 1FABP40E2KF183253... write them down if you can. If you see something funky or the numbers match something, HOOK ME UP!!

you said you drove around looking after it was stolen but then you were looking for a orange car, you know it could be black now. or maybe some other color with a chitty paint job. keep a cell phone with you in case you do find it.