Please Post Your Gas Mileage

You know, my '05 has 36000 miles on her now and I'll be damned if I can get the mileage up where I used to. Seems like 27 to 28 is the best I can do and that's at 5 under the speed limit, no AC, baby it from every stop, ect. I used to be able to push it up over 30MPG. (although it did require constant attention to keep it there) I've recently done some early maintenance to keep up with the heavy duty use the car gets. Cleaned and re-oiled the air filter and MAF, new plugs, new fluids throughout the drive train. No change in mileage. Does anyone have an idea what I'm missing? Or do these motors typically lose some after some miles are put on them?

• Sponsors (?)

I just turned 40K miles a few days ago and my mileage hasn't budged since a few tanks after new. Mainly do mixed "spirited" driving and it's always between 18-20 MPG. I don't beat mine to death except the 16 passes it made at the track last year. Have you noticed your car losing power or just the MPGs?

Yes, I changed the fuel filter. Sorry, I forgot to list that. And no, I haven't noticed a change in power, just the fuel mileage. Maybe it's time for a new O2 sensor? Of course, I really do beat mine to death. I did a total of eleven track days last year, about 90 miles on track for each day, that's almost a thousand miles where the car is either under full throttle, threshold braking, or pulling a little over a G around a corner. I'm sure it's hard on the car. Maybe all the track days have affected the long term fuel curves? I don't know.

My odometer turned 9000. I reset the info center after filling up and drove about 45 miles mostly flat, and it hit 25. Thats good for me. I've never had an 8 that did so well. I did however watch that right foot going mostly 60, 55 on some upslopes and coasting whenever I could.

So far, driving to my brothers house averaging 70-85 I got like 24.9. Driving to and from work/school (mostly slow moving, very frequent stops) it seems to stay between 13 and mid 14s. Car only has 210 miles on it though. Should I expect it to get better or stay the same as the engine breaks in?

I drive mine to / from work over city roads for about 7-8 miles each way. Not necessarily stop and go, And while I like to accelerate faster then most others, I still take it mostly easy. And I average 14.4 - 14.4 mpg, and I only have less then 2K miles so far. I even put back on the factory tune and that did not really help.

Mustang Mileage

It seems my mods have done some good in other than performance:

07 GT 5 speed: highway mileage at 70 mph avg is 26 to 27. at 60 it goes up to a little over 29. At 80 it drops to about 24.8 (Drove from Atlanta to Raleigh recently and kept it at 80-85 most of the way and got 24-25. this is according to the computer in the car. Around town, about 24 again. No kidding.

Mods include: K&N cold air intake, BBK throtle body and MagnaFlow axel back mufflers. Nice sound from mufflers and performance increase to boot.

I consistently get 18.6 around town and 29 on the highway. I do drive 5 miles over the speed limit most of the time around town,but I do get on it when I'm being challenged by anyone stupid enough to try me. When I'm not the highway, its on cruise most of the trip.

06 GT 5 spd w/ no modes except a K&N air filter.

I have an '06 GT with automatic and 32000. driving mixed city and highway mostly at rush hour I was getting 19.7 average. Then I read some article on hypermilling and did some mild adjustment to my driving (slow starts and going speed limit or 5 under) and I have brought my average to 23. That is with mostly city driving.

As for highway; I get somewhere around 25-26 depending on speed (55-65) over 70 and the gas mileage suffers.

average 18 MPG in the city, and I drive hard. I got 27 MPG on a road trip once averaging 85 to 90 mph.... 5 speed. I was really impressed with those numbers, especially since the car is over 20 years old!!

I was (am) bored at work today and just read through most of this thread. I have 1400 miles on my 08 Bullitt and average 20MPG with mixed "spirited" driving. I have a best yet of 22.7 MPG on a mostly highway short trip. One thing I didn't see mentioned was what gears the cars have and any other mods? With my 3.73 rear I'm sure the highway mileage suffers a little as opposed to the 3.3 rear the cars come standard with.

I just drove 1,400 miles from Detroit to Long Island, NY and back.

I got 30-31mpg at 70 mph.
Around town I get about 19-23mpg, and that depends on if I use 5th gear or not.

Only "mod" is a K&N drop-in replacement air filter. The car now has just over 14K miles on it. 5-Speed with 3.55 gears.

My 06 has 24K on it now, just got back from a trip to NW Arkansas, best mpg was 27. Never got over 75 on the interstate with that. Worst was 22-23 in the Oua****a & Ozark mtns. If I could drive 55, I've no doubt it could pull down 30 mpg. No mods to the car, other than a drop in K&N.

Almost 8000 miles on my 08 Gt 5 spd and get 21 back and forth to work and a high of 27.1 going from Nashville,TN to FL . I have the 3.31 gears and want 4.10s but afraid it will kill the mileage, anyone know how much I'll lose? Right now I mods are Pypes off road X, Magnaflow full cat back, Hurst shifter. All of this with check engine light on because don't have a tuner yet:(