PLS help me ID this mustang

pb_paulie_b said:
1971 429 Super Cobra Jet (thought it was 428?) My mom had one. Drag pack, louvers, the works. One of the coolest & meanest Mustangs ever made IMO.
How about pix of that :nice:
71 was the only year that ford put the 429cj in the mustang, the 429 was based off of the 385 series big blocks,like the boss 429 and the 429 thunderjet. where as the 428 cj was based off of the fe series big blocks the pi 428 the 390 gt and the 427.

• Sponsors (?)

pb_paulie_b said:
Good link 65ShelbyClone. Dean Moon is a hotrod legend.

I think you have to be older or know a lil' history to appreciate this car...PB

Thanks, just a quick link I found on Google. He is definitely a part of racing history like Mickey Thompson or Holman and Moody.

I'm technically not old enough to appreciate who he is, but I'm more or less an amateur automotive historian. Not only that, until recently my uncle was a memeber of the SCTA and ran a lakes car at El Mirage a lot(and Muroc when the military allowed it), so I had some direct exposure. :nice:

Speaking of Mickey Thompson, do you have a closer picture of one of those valve covers? I have M/Ts on my '68, but they don't look like the ones on that Cleveland. I wanted some Holman & Moodys, but just try finding those.