Polishing Headlights

2L8ULUZ2

Will kiss Moderator ass for title
Founding Member
Sep 24, 2000
WNC
Being that my car is ten years old now the stock headlights are starting to look rather yellow. I have read several times at several places on how to polish the lights out to a decent look again. I was wondering if anyone has some good step by step instructions on how to do this and exactly what I will need. Thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

2L8ULUZ2 said:
Being that my car is ten years old now the stock headlights are starting to look rather yellow. I have read several times at several places on how to polish the lights out to a decent look again. I was wondering if anyone has some good step by step instructions on how to do this and exactly what I will need. Thanks in advance!
i just bought new headlights check out mustangtuning.com 190 shipped (i think dont quote me on it) for set of 4 (clear head lights and corner lenses) they look freaking awsome IMO

kolkid said:
i just bought new headlights check out mustangtuning.com 190 shipped (i think dont quote me on it) for set of 4 (clear head lights and corner lenses) they look freaking awsome IMO

Thanks, but I am looking for a cheap fix to this for now.

This what I did just a month ago and they came out great.

First I used a 1000 grit sand paper and wet sanded the lens, Then used a 2000 grit and wet sanded.
After that I used some plastic polish on both the lens and they came out great.

like above I wet sanded with 1500 paper, then used mothers mag polish, looks great. took about 30-45 min. to do both headlights (I had already bought some clear side markers so they were clean and clear already).

what plasic/lense cleaner did you use? I have read about some kind in a blue bottle or with blue in the name? I want to get some to see if they can ge even clear-er.

i use miguires 'PLAST X' and it works great. you rub it on with a paper towel and wipe it off, just like wax. you have to do it just about every week or else they start to look yellow again. it littirally takes 2 minutes to do. thats why i like it.

mootang said:
i use miguires 'PLAST X' and it works great. you rub it on with a paper towel and wipe it off, just like wax. you have to do it just about every week or else they start to look yellow again. it littirally takes 2 minutes to do. thats why i like it.

yep, what the noob said :rlaugh:

Seems like no lack of ways to get your lights cleaned up... :nice:

same as others...wetsand em...go til you see the old clear coming off em...
I got this stuff at AZ for 3.00....apply with a buffer....

blue_magic_polish.jpg